ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeiden University Medical Center
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesMedical sciencesPharmacological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/06/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Leiden
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER955879
DRUGtrain is an EU MSCA-funded Research Training Network offering a timely paradigm for multidisciplinary research on the improvement of drug repurposing and development of compound strategies, with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD) as example.
DRUGtrain offers innovative, multidisciplinary and intersectoral training to 9 Early Stage Researchers introducing them in the field of drug repurposing and discovery to enhance career perspective in an expanding area that underpins innovative technological development across a range of diverse disciplines.
9 ESR research projects have been defined to address the following key challenges: 1) Identify potential drug targets and drug candidates for repurposing using innovative bio-informatics and cheminformatics approaches; 2) Perform drug testing/drug screenings in advanced in vitro and in vivo models, ultimately leading to testing of new treatment strategies; 3) Clarify drug mechanisms, and identify and reduce adverse events using state-of-the-art technologies from in silico and wet lab methodologies.
Six universities, four private sector companies and one NGO will join forces to train a next generation of multidisciplinary researchers in (bio)pharmaceutical sciences.
- To be eligible for recruitment, you must – at the date of recruitment – be within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and not have a doctoral degree.
- In addition, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (such as work or studies) in the Netherlands for more than twelve months in the three years immediately before your recruitment date. Holidays are not counted.
- You may be required to provide documentation proving your eligibility for recruitment.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentMedical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPharmacological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Polycystic kidney disease is characterized by the formation of many fluid-filled cysts in the kidneys. The number and size of cysts increase over time, finally causing renal failure. The main focus of our research is to unravel the disease mechanism with the aim to develop therapies. To this aim, mouse models, cell lines and organoids are being used with (tissue-specific) disruption of the gene involved, in combination with molecular biological, genetic and drug identification strategies. You will participate in the identification and functional characterization of critical molecular pathways involved in cystic kidney disease, with the goal to identify and validate key molecules and drug candidates. You will apply molecular-biological techniques combined with sequencing and proteomics, bioinformatics, cell biology, microscopic analyses and animal studies. You publish and present scientific articles at international journals conferences, and contribute to educational activities.
- You hold a master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biopharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field.
- You have demonstrable experience with molecular and cell biological techniques, lab skills, and you have affinity with bioinformatics.
- You are a critical thinker, independent and flexible, and able to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- You are an efficient worker and possess excellent English communication skills (both in writing and speech).
- Experience with animal research is beneficial.
EURAXESS offer ID: 641486
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.