RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/06/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Klosterneuburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Laboratory Technician Research Group Freunberger
Full Time (40 h/w) – Limited until 31/03/2026 (extension t.b.d.)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 31.000* gross/p.a.
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
The Freunberger group works on the fundamental science of electron and ion conducting and redox active materials as well as their mutual interactions in electrochemical devices such as rechargeable batteries. We synthesize new conducting and redox active materials and develop advanced physico-chemical and spectroscopic methods to understand charge-carrier transport and electrochemical reactions as well as surface and interface processes.
• General lab management duties, including maintenance of laboratory equipment and management of supplies (gases, cryogenics, etc.)
• Assistance in experimental setups and implementation of equipment
• Interface to our Scientific Service Units (e.g. electronic/mechanical workshop,
nanofabrication facility, etc.)
• Support internal and external users with laboratory infrastructure, functional testing and result reporting
• Implementation of rules/guidelines/SOP´s; document and database
• HTL, BSc, or MSc in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics or equivalent
• Previous documented experience in managing laboratory services in the fields of chemistry or materials science (instruments, gases, cryogenics, resource management, storage of chemicals, waste management, etc.)
• Experience in managing laboratory security systems and supplies
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of chemical/physical characterization techniques plus computer, mechanics, and electronics knowledge and willingness to expand knowledge
• Excellent command of English (working language)
• Hands-on mentality to design and implement new add-ons needed for experimental set-ups
• Education & Training
• Free shuttle bus
• Multiple health offers
• Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria
processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.
Am Campus 1, 3400 Klosterneuburg, Austria
Tel.: +43 (0) 2243 9000-0 | www.ist.ac.at
EURAXESS offer ID: 641018
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.