ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Limerick
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/06/2021 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Limerick
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
A doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a similar closely related discipline (or alternatively, that evidence is supplied that all requirements for a PhD have been fulfilled and that the applicant is pending graduation).
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
In spite of the popularity of Open Source and tens of millions of developers working on millions of OSS projects across the globe, the specifics of OSS project governance and developer on boarding has remained mostly ad-hoc. The Post Doctoral Researcher appointed to this role will work on this research project to seek and establish a set of guidelines or best-practices for OSS project governance to help with the acquisition of new developers and the retention and promotion of existing contributors, and also ascertain how an interested developer would typically transition to become a core member in an OSS project. In terms of implementing the guidelines, the Post Doctoral Researcher will also investigate the possibility of developing a “bot” which could help in guiding newcomers and notifying project maintainers of any relevant updates.
- Evidence of publications in appropriate conferences and journals.
- Experience in Empirical Software Engineering research.
- Evidence of familiarity with various machine learning techniques.
- Experience in tool design.
- Evidence of GitHub bot design knowledge.
- A doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a similar closely related discipline (or alternatively, that evidence is supplied that all requirements for a PhD have been fulfilled and that the applicant is pending graduation).
- A minimum of 1 year’s post graduate experience in mining and analysing software projects/ecosystems and working with large archival datasets such as World of Code/Software Heritage.
- Demonstrated experience in open source software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 640985
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.