ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of philosophy and sociology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/05/2021 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONBulgaria › Sofia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2021
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled postdoctoral fellow to join a new research group at Institute of Philosophy and Sociology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, working on the project “Dynamics of inequalities in participation in higher and adult education: A comparative social justice perspective”, funded by the National Science Fund to the Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria within the National Scientific Programme “VIHREN” - https://justedu2020.eu/. The position is for 8 months.
A postdoctoral fellow will be assigned to the position of researcher R2 to fulfil the following functions and duties in the project team:
- identifying African graduates from universities in Western and Eastern Europe and also those who have studied in both the East and the West during the 1960s-1990s;
- develop a questionnaire and guidelines for a biographical interview that is consistent with the theoretical model of the project;
- develop a vignette application tool to identify common experiences based on previously identified themes and develop several "composite vignettes";
- conducting biographical interviews with African graduates from Eastern and Western European universities;
- initial analysis of the interviews to discuss issues that arose during the fieldwork, review the conceptual framework and, if necessary, adjust the theoretical and methodological focus.
The postdoctoral fellow will be encouraged to be actively involved in interactions with other members of the group. The working languages in the group are English and Bulgarian.
VIHREN fellowship benefits:
* competitive salary,
* opportunities for collaboration with an international network of leading scientists in the field, and local experts.
If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com
Application Materials: interested applicants should send the following materials to
Please, use the subject line "VIHREN R2 application_1":
1. CV in Europass format (including a list of publications),
2. Motivation letter supporting the application for the postdoctoral fellowship,
3. One article in the field of migration during the period 1960-1990 in the socialist countries in Eastern and Central Europe.
Documents are accepted from 17/05/2021 to 25/05/2021 included.
Every working day from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm at the address:
1. Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, 4 “Serdika” Street, Human Resources Department, floor 2, Sofia 1000, Ljubka Ilieva
or electronically at:
2. Ljubka Ilieva - firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 640968
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.