ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of philosophy and sociology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/05/2021 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONBulgaria › Sofia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled PhD student to join a new research group at Institute of Philosophy and Sociology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, working on the project “Dynamics of inequalities in participation in higher and adult education: A comparative social justice perspective”, funded by the National Science Fund to the Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria within the National Scientific Programme “VIHREN” – https://justedu2020.eu/. The position is for 7 months.
A PhD student will be assigned to the position of researcher R1 to fulfil the following functions and duties in the project team:
- analyses of various archives (academics, diplomats, states, political parties and trade unions as scholarship providers) related to cooperation policies and practices in academic training in four English-speaking African countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, and Tanzania) during the 1960s–1990s
- selecting interviewees from the above countries who had studied at universities in Bulgaria, the Soviet Union, East Germany, West Germany and Great Britain during the 1960s–1990s
- conducting, transcribing and analyzing five pilot biographical interviews with African university graduates
The PhD student will be encouraged to be actively involved in interactions with other members of the group. The working languages in the group are English and Bulgarian.
Requirements for the position:
- First year PhD student
- Fluency in English and Russian
VIHREN fellowship benefits:
* competitive salary,
* opportunities for collaboration with an international network of leading scientists in the field, and local experts.
If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com
Application Materials: interested applicants should send the following materials to
Please, use the subject line "VIHREN R1 application_1":
1. CV in Europass format (including a list of publications),
2. Motivation letter supporting the application for the PhD fellowship.
Documents are accepted from 17/05/2021 to 25/05/2021 included.
Every working day from 9:00 am to 16:00 pm at the address:
1. Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, 4 “Serdika” Street, Human Resources Department, floor 2, Sofia 1000, Ljubka Ilieva
or electronically at:
2. Ljubka Ilieva - firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 640961
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.