ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/06/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40 hours per week
- as soon as possible
- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
Start date/duration: as early as possible / for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
Administrative unit: Department of Computer Science
Extent of employment: 40 hours per week
1. Pertinent research in the field of cryptography;
2. publications in recognized international venues;
3. acquisition and/or scientific management of research projects;
4. high-quality teaching (in English and German) in the field of cryptography;
5. supervision of students;
6. participation in organizational and administrative tasks as well as evaluation
1. Doctoral degree in computer science or a related field;
2. Postdoctoral job experience after the dissertation/PhD;
3. Pertinent scientific achievements beyond the dissertation/PhD thesis;
4. Research experience in and relevant contributions to the field of
5. Relevant publications in the leading international, refereed conference
proceedings and journals as well as presentations at international
conferences and workshops;
6. Research co-operations with international partners;
7. Experience in the acquisition and implementation of third-party funded
8. Experience in the (co-)supervision of bachelor and master theses;
9. Pertinent experience in academic mobility during or after PhD;
10. Proficiency (written and oral) in English and German; willingness to teach in
German within two years after appointment;
11. Didactic competence and excellence in teaching;
12. Social competencies, communication skills, and the ability to work in a team.
The application must be submitted in English and must contain:
1. CV with a description of the academic and professional career;
2. List of scientific publications;
3. List of scientific presentations and further scientific works and projects;
4. Names and contact information of at least two references;
5. Description of a research plan on habilitation level;
6. Teaching statement and a list of courses taught with evaluations (if available)
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 640217
Posting organisation offer ID: MIP-11899
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.