ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/06/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEKTbd
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
INSTITUTION: Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wrocław
CITY: Wrocław, Poland
POSITION: Adjunct (researcher with teaching responsibilities), Department of Molecular Microbiology
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DISCIPLINE: Biological Sciences, molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT: 01.10.2021
– in the research area: conducting research projects in molecular microbiology, performing advanced bioinformatic analysis of fluorescence microscopy images, data of RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C experiments (high throughput NGS data), preparation of the reports and scientific publications, participation in scientific meetings and conferences.
– in the teaching area: conducting teaching courses in the field of bioinformatics including advanced bioinformatic analysis of fluorescence microscopy images and high-throughput NGS data (e.g., RNA-seq, ChIP-seq).
- application letter addressed to the Rector of the University of Wrocław
- Curriculum vitae
- a copy of Ph.D. diploma
- personal questionnaire https://uni.wroc.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/1.-Kwestionariusz-osobowy-dla-osoby-ubiegaj%C4%85cej-si%C4%99-o-zatrudnienie.doc
- cover letter incl. description of applicant’s scientific interests
- for foreigners: language certificates or statements about the Polish language proficiency
- overview of the applicant’s research and teaching record, including experience in organising science events, science communication and mobility
- a list of scientific publications, previous teaching experience and other achievements in the science communication
- electronic versions of the two most important publications (or manuscripts of unpublished works) which the candidate considers to be representative of his / her scientific output
- two letters of recommendation directly sent by the recommenders to the Committee Chairman via e-mail- email@example.com
The letters are made known to Committee members only, and, by entering the contest, the candidate waives the right to inspect them.
- any other supporting documents relevant for the application
The cover letter must contain the following clause: “I do consent to processing the personal data provided in my application for the purpose of the search procedure and providing information about the results of the competition. I acknowledge that the administrator of personal data is the University of Wroclaw, plac Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław. I have knowledge that providing data is voluntary, but necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected (in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data, Journal of Laws of 2018 item 1000)”.
Documents (scans of the documents) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.06.2021 (the title of the e-mail “adjunct at the Department of Molecular Microbiology”)
In case that neither of candidates fulfils the above criteria, the University reserves the right to close the competition without employing anybody.
University of Wrocław will not provide an accommodation.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentPOLISH: Excellent
- PhD degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, medical biology or similar life sciences discipline.
- Scientific achievements documented by publications (experimental publications as the first or the last author in international journals).
- Proven experience and skills in preparing the project application and carrying out research projects.
- Experience in advanced bioinformatic analyses (RNA-seq,ChIP-seq and/or microscopic images)
- Experience in cell biology of bacteria, fluorescence microscopy, molecular biology including analyses of gene transcription, DNA-protein interaction.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Knowledge of the Polish language enabling conducting teaching courses in Polish, contacts with University administration and everyday life.
- Experience in working with Actinobacteria, particularly with Streptomyces and Mycobacterium.
- Experience in teaching and supervising of BSc and MSc students.
EURAXESS offer ID: 639482
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.