RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)First Stage Researcher (R1)Leading Researcher (R4)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/06/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
As a PhD Candidate/Junior Researcher/Lecturer you will have both research (50%) and teaching (50%) duties for a 6-year period. For your research duties, you will work on a PhD project under the supervision of Dr J. Schmitz and Prof. S. Zeisberger. The PhD project focuses on studying how new digital environments and platforms (like, e.g., FinTech) affect individual decision-making and behaviour. This may involve, but is not limited to, studying investor behaviour on social trading platforms, behavioural aspects of online trading, automated advice (robo advice), trading in cryptocurrencies, and how technology may help consumers to make better decisions.. As a PhD candidate, you will be expected and supported to work on cutting-edge research publishable in highly ranked international academic journals. The research group and supervisors have published in top journals in economics, management and related fields.
Your teaching responsibilities include giving tutorials/lectures in the Bachelor's degree programmes offered by the Department of Economics and Business Economics, with a focus on Business Economics in general, and finance in particular as well as supervising Bachelor's theses. Whilst holding this position, you will be given the opportunity to obtain your university teaching qualification.
- Employment: 1.0 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,402 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 6 years
- The intended start date is 15 August 2021.
- Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Please address your application to prof. dr. Stefan Zeisberger and submit it, using the application button, no later than 31 May 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
- Writing sample (e.g. Bachelor's or Master's thesis).
Female candidates are explicitly invited to apply.
The first round of interviews will take place on 8 June. The second round of interviews will take place on 14 June.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
prof. dr. Stefan Zeisberger, Full Professor of Finance
Web site for additional job details
- You will hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field of economics, business administration, informatics, econometrics, finance, psychology or equivalent by the time of employment.
- You have good research skills evidenced by (very) good grades for research methods and statistics courses.
- You have excellent writing skills, as evidenced by writing samples, such as your Bachelor’s/Master’s thesis or a (forthcoming or published) article or presented conference paper.
- You are able to develop research ideas in the areas of FinTech and its behavioural implications.
- You should have knowledge/experience of new technologies and behavioural and experimental economics/finance and a solid understanding of, or keen interest in, financial technologies.
- You are able to teach in English; Dutch teaching skills are an advantage.
- You are enthusiastic and highly motivated.
EURAXESS offer ID: 639140
Posting organisation offer ID: 300507
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.