ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité de lille
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Visual artsCultural studies › Middle Ages studiesCultural studies › Renaissance studiesHistory › Art historyLiterature › European literature
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/06/2021 20:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Villeneuve d&#039;Ascq
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
The ERC Advanced grant project AGRELITA “The reception of ancient Greece in pre-modern French literature and illustrations of manuscripts and printed books (1320-1550): how invented memories shaped the identity of European communities”, led by Prof. Catherine Gaullier-Bougassas (Principal Investigator), is now accepting applications for 1 position of Project Manager (100%), starting on 01/10/21.
AGRELITA is based at the University of Lille and funded for five years by the ERC (2021-2026).
Contract duration: 3 years, with a possible renewal of 2 years.
Until now the reception history of ancient Greece in Pre-modern Western Europe has focussed almost exclusively on the transmission of Ancient Greek texts. Yet well before the revival of Greek’s teaching, numerous vernacular works, often illustrated, contained elaborate representations of ancient Greece. AGRELITA will study a large corpus of French-language literary works produced from the 1320s to the 1550s in France and Europe, as well as the images offered by their manuscripts and printed books.
The project manager supports the Principal Investigator in the implementation of the project:
- To organise the scientific activities of the project
- To contribute to the scientific monitoring of the project
- To be in charge of the project's communication
- To assist with the administrative and budgetary follow-up of the project.
He/She will be in communication with many scientific, administrative and financial interlocutors, the project members and the visiting researchers, the University of Lille and the ERC, the editors, the translators, the librarians...
The most important missions of the project manager will be:
Logistical organization of the scientific activities of the project:
- To program the activities, travels in connection with the Principal Investigator and the post-docs
- To organize the logistics of the scientific activities of the project - meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences (face-to-face and remote): manage the missions of the team members and invited researchers in connection with the services of the University of Lille (mission orders, accommodation, transportation...)
- To organize the travels of the Principal Investigator and the post-docs.
- To organize access to the services needed for the project: documentation, reproductions, translations, links with publishers...
Contribution to the scientific follow-up of the project:
- To take a very active part in the writing of the activity reports
- To take a very active part in the drafting of the project's data management plan
- To follow-up of AGRELITA publications: to contribute to the material preparation of the publications, ensure the follow-up of the relations with the publishers and translators
To develop and implement strategies to ensure effective and visible communication and dissemination of the project. He/She will contribute to the design of the website and then manage the website and feed the content of its different sections related to the Principal Investigator and the post-docs. He/She will manage the project's social media accounts. He/She will announce on specialized scientific websites and social networks the activities of the project.
Administrative, budgetary and financial follow-up of the project:
To ensure links with the administrative and financial services of the University of Lille and the ERC.
In relation with the manager of the laboratory ALITHILA and the general research management of the University of Lille, to actively contribute to the following tasks:
- To monitor the consumption of project’s funds, ensuring the proper application of the budgetary and administrative rules of the University of Lille and of the European Commission
- To prepare administrative and financial reports according to the schedule set out in the grant agreement, responses to surveys, audits and evaluations, particularly those relating to the organization and budget of the project
- To ensure the archiving of documents, especially financial, invoices, orders and mission reports, in coordination with the internal services of the University
- To ensure the follow-up of the time sheets of the team members
This list is subject to some change as the project progresses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Master's degree minimum or PhD
- Experience in conducting scientific research projects.
- Previous experience of managing EU projects and budgets would be an advantage.
- An affinity for European projects and research in the humanities.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in French and English.
- Rigor, reliability
- Sense of organization
- Autonomy, sense of initiative and responsibility, reactive and flexible attitude, ability to handle different situations and resolve difficulties
- Team spirit and ability to work in a network, with interlocutors with multiple concerns, ability to listen and adapt.
- Very good interpersonal skills, confidentiality, availability
- Proficiency in office automation tools
- Experience of basic web editing
The Project Manager will be placed under the direct responsibility of the Principal Investigator of AGRELITA, Prof. Catherine Gaullier-Bougassas, and will work in close collaboration with her. He/She will be in constant contact with the team of four post-doctoral fellows and with the other members of the project. He/She will be expected to work as part of a team and also independently, towards their own deadlines and long-term planning schedules.
- Location : University of Lille, ALITHILA laboratory.
- Employer: University of Lille
- Type of contract: fixed-term contract
- Duration of the contract: 3 years, with a possible renewal of 2 years
- Working time: 100%
- Estimated starting date of the contract : 1st October 2021
- Remuneration: depending on profile and experience
Application file to be sent in digital format (pdf) by 15 June 2021 at the latest to the following address
The file should include
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation
- The names and contact details of two referees, at the end of the CV file.
The selected candidates will be auditioned at the end of June/beginning of July, in person if possible, if not by video. Response by 15 July 2021 or end of July.
EURAXESS offer ID: 638532
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.