RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Organic chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Chartres
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
In the framework of the COSMETOSCIENCES Programme financed by the Centre-Val de Loire Regional Council (France), LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies is recruiting an international experienced scientist. The successful candidate will be invited for a one-year fellowship to work with the LBLGC research team (Laboratoire de Biologie des Ligneux et des Grandes Cultures, Université d’Orléans) for the PIERIC project. As a LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies Research Fellow, s/he will be part of an outward-looking and stimulating pluri-disciplinary scientific and international community and will benefit from the dynamic scientific environment of the Centre-Val de Loire region.
One of the goals of the PIERIC (CosmetoSciences) project is to create green NaDES-based extraction methodologies for various plant natural product categories from diverse plants for cosmetic applications. The chemical characterization as well as biological evaluation of these extracts will be also considered.
This part of the project will be carried out in close collaboration with teams from other regional laboratories ICOA (Organic and Analytical Chemistry - University of Orleans/CNRS), NMNS (Nanomedicines and Nanoprobe – University of Tours) and SIMBA (Synthesis and Isolation of Bio-Active Molecules - University of Tours) laboratories and our industrial partners.
The successful candidate will have the following missions:
• to strengthen the theoretical and modeling knowledge of the research team
• to develop green extraction methodologies using new NaDES applied to diverse plant natural product families
• to use the simulation outcomes to help design and validate new NaDES (using software such as Cosmo-RS)
• to characterize the obtained plant extracts for their phytochemical composition (HPLC, LC-MS) and biological activities (in vitro, in silico and in cellulo)
• to carry out internationally outstanding research for the above-mentioned project
• to disseminate this research through articles in journals of international standing, monographs and other appropriate forms of dissemination, including national and international conference presentations
• to support, comply with, and fully contribute to research plans and policies of the teams and industrial partners involved in the project.
Administrative assistance for relocation/housing/etc...
Competitive salary, French labour contract
Doctoral degree and at least five years of full-time equivalent research experience after PhD
Applicant researchers must be national or long-term resident of a country other than France. Long-term residents are researchers who spent a period of full-time research activity of at least 5 consecutive (without breaks in research) years in a country other than France.
Applicant researchers must comply with the following mobility rule: applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline of application.
Online application via LE STUDIUM platform
The deadline for application is June, 9th 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
The position is expected to be filled no later than September 1st, 2021
The application shall consist of three elements:
- A completed online LE STUDIUM application form with personal information and details of track records;
- A curriculum vitae of maximum two pages including information not in the online application;
- A motivation letter.
Upload documents as pdf files.
Evaluation by peers and Le Studium Scientific members.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalentBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies is looking to recruit a senior researcher profile with:
• record of publications in international peer-reviewed journals and significant international networks;
• ability to mobilize the literature and to build testable hypotheses;
• research experience in the field of study, able to innovate and interact with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders including industry;
• Experience in green extraction methodologies (ultrasound, green solvents, …);
• Experience in the chemical and biological characterization of plant extracts relevant for cosmetic applications (including previous successful phytochemistry and biochemistry experiences);
• Ability to initiate new projects in the field of plant-based green extraction technologies;
EURAXESS offer ID: 638485
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.