ORGANISATION/COMPANYAristotle University of Thessaloniki - Research Committee
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2021 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGreece › Thessaloniki
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE06/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813162
The Research Committee (Special Account for Research Funds) of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in the framework of the Innovative Training Network (ITN) project «RAIS: Real-time Analytics for the Internet of Sports», which is funded from the European Commission – HORIZON 2020, MarieSkłodowska-Curie, with Academic Head, Prof. Athena Vakali, invites candidates to submit applications for one (1) position (through the award of a work contract), for 18 months with a total anticipated remuneration 67.508,82€ euro (VAT and taxes included).
The contract can be extended until the end date of the project 31/12/2022 (in case of extension until its completion) and within the approved limits of its budget.
Proposals and required documents should be submitted either via e-mail to (email@example.com) e-mail subject:”96971 RAIS Prof. Vakali” or in person or by post to the following address: Secretariat of the Department of Informatics of AUTh, Αdministration Building of the School of Sciences, University Campus 54124 Thessaloniki, hours 11.00-12.30pm no later than the 31/08/2021 at 12:00pm. Proposals will be attributed a reference number from the Secretariat of the Department of the Academic Head of the project.
For more information and questions regarding the position, candidates may refer to 2310- 996355 (G. Andreadis), while for information on the application process can contact ELKE AUTh 2310- 994009, 994082.
Submitted proposals will be evaluated by a three-member Evaluation Committee based on the requirements/provisions of the call.
The candidate who wishes to submit an objection to the result (Decision for Approval of Results) is entitled to recourse either via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person or by post to the Special Account of Research Authorities of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Research Committee AUTh, 1st floor, Office 101 - 3rd September Str., University Campus 546 36, Thessaloniki, Greece) within five (5) working days from the day following the posting of the Decision for Approval of Results on the website of ELKE AUTh and Diavgeia. The candidate has the obligation to be informed about the posting of the results from the website of ELKE https://www.rc.auth.gr/JobPosition/List in the online posting of this call for expression of interest in Diavgeia.
Documents Required for ESRs:
- Application Form
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of the Degrees (Note: In case the specialization / direction do not result from the Degree, the Detailed Score should be attached. In cases where the degree is a grading criterion and is not indicated in the copy of the degree then the detailed score is submitted additionally)
- Copies of other degree(s), certifications and any other relevant proof of information mentioned in the CV and which are related to the Required or Additional qualifications-criteria of this call for expression of interest.
Copy of certificate of military stats or discharge papers / Copy of deferral of enlistment (for male candidates)
Foreign documents must be accompanied by photocopies of their official translation into the Greek language
Note: If needed the selected candidates will be required to submit proof of the mobility criterion (See Required Qualifications) Selected candidate should be enrolled in the PhD program of the Department of Informatics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in Informatics or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (C2)
- Mobility Criterion: The recruited ESR may not resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Greece for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately before the recruitment . This criterion is more flexible in case of candidates who are characterized as refugees, according to the Geneva Conventions. Specifically, for these candidates, the period before they are officially given the refugee status is not taken into account as a residence/work period in the host country. The residence/work period will be calculated from the day they were given the refugee status.
- The recruited ESR should at the date of recruitment be in the first four years of their research career. Namely, the recruited ESR should not have worked in academia (or equivalent full-time work at a research institution) or may have worked in academia (or equivalent full-time work at a research institution) for less than 4 years, and has not been awarded a doctoral degree (PhD). Full-time research work is taken into account after the awarding of a degree that allows for starting a PhD diploma, even if the ESR has never started or considered a PhD. Part-time research experience will be considered accordingly.
EURAXESS offer ID: 638393
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.