- Hasselt University
- HR Department
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
About the function
You will be in charge of teaching duties in the Bachelor and Master of Industrial Sciences (joint educational program of Hasselt University and KU Leuven).
You will initiate and carry out innovative research in the field of construction and building materials with a special emphasis on circular and sustainable applications and a clear view on possible structural applications. You will also be responsible for attracting research projects and supervising PhD researchers in the broad field of building materials. You will develop a regional and international network with public and private stakeholders active in the field of building materials. You will also actively contribute to the development of the experimental research and services activities, by among other things supporting the development and expansion of the civil engineering experimental testing facility of UHasselt (Application Centre Concrete and Construction) towards material testing and characterization.
The Construction Engineering Research Group of Hasselt University (Faculty of Engineering Technology) has developed in the last decade a strong background in applied research in structural engineering, covering various aspects of concrete, steel, masonry and timber constructions, most often in the form of innovative multi-material solutions. In order to strengthen its activities, the research group is seeking a new colleague with background at the material side to support the structural applications. Given the broad field of activity of the structural engineering component of the group, experience could be related to any of the above-mentioned materials. In particular, experience with sustainable and circular approaches and applications would be very valuable.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- PhD in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- You are cooperative and can work well in teams
- You have experience in different aspects of academic teaching: coordination and organisation of courses, development of course material and supervision of projects and theses
- You are able to demonstrate outstanding research potential in the field of building materials and has published in international scientific publications
- You are able to export scientific methods and results to practical applications. Experience in collaboration with industry and external project acquisition is an advantage
- Dutch is the official administrative language of Hasselt University. If you do not have a sufficient knowledge of Dutch (CEFR level B2) upon your appointment, we expect you to obtain the required level no later than 5 years after being appointed or at the moment of tenure (usually after an internship of 3 years for senior academic staff). We provide tailor-made language training. Coordinating lecturers must have a command of the language of instruction of the program component at CEFR level C1. We provide tailor-made language training.
We will offer either an appointment as a lecturer in the tenure track system during 5 years. This will lead to an immediate permanent contract as a senior lecturer, if the Board of Directors favorably assesses the party involved, based on previously set public grading criteria. Otherwise, we will offer a fulltime appointment as a lecturer or higher, which will lead to tenure. In case of a first appointment as a member of the academic staff, the Board of Directors of the University can decide on a temporary appointment for a period up to 3 years. This will lead to a permanent contract if the Board of Directors favorably assesses the party involved.
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file, an introductory interview, a in-depth interview (with assignment) and an assessment center. If required, a selection exam can be held after preselection.
Content terms of employment and selection procedure https://www.uhasselt.be/jobs
- Number of offers available
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- Agoralaan gebouw D
- Postal Code