- Hasselt University
- HR Department
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
About the function
In this position you will provide quality education, mainly in the bachelor and master Electronics engineering. Besides teaching general courses in the domain of analog electronics and within the context of continuous evolution of the curriculum, you will develop and teach new course units that will familiarise students with current evolutions in latest applications of innovative power electronic technologies and electrical engineering.
Furthermore, you will help in the further development of the educational programme of the faculty of Engineering Technology. In consultation with the education management team, you will work out specific course units in the framework of your research topic. Innovation in education is expected, as well as a link to the current educational concepts of the Faculty of Engineering Technology and Hasselt University.
The candidate will perform his research in the domain of electronics in the broader sense for renewable energy applications. This can range from PV module level integrated electronics or power optimisers, to smart electronics for integrated PV applications, or electrolysers and even battery management systems for storage of PV energy.
On the other hand, the candidate will be part of the energy system team and should collaborate on improving and expanding the energy yield modelling framework on system level where power electronics can be integrated into the framework. There will also be collaboration in this field with reliability research within imo-imomec and with the power electronics research of KULeuven within the EnergyVille collaboration.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- The candidate must hold a doctoral degree, either in engineering, sciences, applied sciences or equivalent (in the domain of electronics or energy). (or equivalent)
- You enjoy teaching and are able to arouse students' enthusiasm.
- You have proven scientific experience and have published in international and national scientific publications.
- You are able to export scientific methods and results to practical applications. Experience in collaboration with industry and external project acquisition is an advantage.
- You are stress-resistant.
- You are fluent in written and oral communication in English.
- Dutch is the official administrative language of Hasselt University. If you do not have a sufficient knowledge of Dutch (CEFR level B2) upon your appointment, we expect you to obtain the required level no later than 5 years after being appointed or at the moment of tenure (usually after an internship of 3 years for senior academic staff). We provide tailor-made language training. If you are a coordinating lecturer you must have a command of the language of instruction of the program component at CEFR level C1. We provide tailor-made language training.
We will offer either an appointment as a lecturer in the tenure track system during 5 years. This will lead to an immediate permanent contract as a senior lecturer, if the Board of Directors favorably assesses the party involved, based on previously set public grading criteria. Otherwise, we will offer a fulltime appointment as a lecturer or higher, which will lead to tenure. In case of a first appointment as a member of the academic staff, the Board of Directors of the University can decide on a temporary appointment for a period up to 3 years. This will lead to a permanent contract if the Board of Directors favorably assesses the party involved.
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file, an introductory interview, a in-depth interview (with assignment) and an assessment center. If required, a selection exam can be held after preselection.
- Number of offers available
- Selecteer regio's
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- Martelarenlaan 42
- Postal Code