ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Manchester
RESEARCH FIELDChemistryPharmacological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Manchester
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER955879
DRUGtrain is an EU MSCA-funded Research Training Network offering a timely paradigm for multidisciplinary research on the improvement of drug repurposing and development of compound strategies, with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD) as example.
DRUGtrain offers innovative, multidisciplinary and intersectoral training to 9 Early Stage Researchers introducing them in the field of drug repurposing and discovery to enhance career perspective in an expanding area that underpins innovative technological development across a range of diverse disciplines.
9 ESR research projects have been defined to address the following key challenges: 1) Identify potential drug targets and drug candidates for repurposing using innovative bio-informatics and cheminformatics approaches; 2) Perform drug testing/drug screenings in advanced in vitro and in vivo models, ultimately leading to testing of new treatment strategies; 3) Clarify drug mechanisms, and identify and reduce adverse events using state-of-the-art technologies from in silico and wet lab methodologies.
Six universities, four private sector companies and one NGO will join forces to train a next generation of multidisciplinary researchers in (bio)pharmaceutical sciences.
- At the date of selection, the candidate must be within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and not have a doctoral degree.
- At the time of selection, the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDPharmacological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentPharmacological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The project to be undertaken at the University of Manchester, involves the use of mass spectrometry-based proteomics to understand the metabolism and transport of drugs in polycystic kidney disease with a view to optimising drug doses and potentially identifying novel drug targets in these patients.
- Candidates are expected to hold (or be about to obtain) a minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology or another laboratory-based science subject.
- Confidence in the use of Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in the team.
- High motivation and hardworking
- Active English skills (proficiency in spoken and written English).
EURAXESS offer ID: 635976
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.