- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- To be defined
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
PRE-BOLOGNA DEGREE OR MASTER'S DEGREE (INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT)
ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory focused on forest and fire issues through the development of (co)research, innovation and knowledge transfer and technology activities. Our goal is to increase and improve sustainable forest management in Portugal, the competitiveness of the Portuguese forestry sector and to reduce negative consequences of large rural fires.
ForestWISE currently leads or participates in national and international large scale and impact projects in the forest and fire areas.
ForestWISE opens positions for one Project Manager (Process Engineering, Industrial Management, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry and related areas) in the scope of RN21 Integrated Project - Innovation in the Natural Resin Sector to Strengthen the Portuguese Bio-economy, funded by Fundo Ambiental through Component 12 - Promotion of Sustainable Bio-economy (Investment TC-C12-i01 - Sustainable Bio-economy No. 02/C12-i01/202), through European funds provided to Portugal by the Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP), in the scope of the European Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF), framed in the Next Generation UE, for the period from 2021 -2026.
Position: Project Manager – one position
Summary description of the function:
Under the supervision of the ForestWISE’s CTO, the Executive Coordination and the RN21 integrated project Coordination, the Project Manager will:
- Perform tasks assigned to him/her under the RN21 project;
- Monitor the implementation of the RN21 project, namely the goals and milestones achievement;
- Support the scientific and commercial exploitation of the project results, including, writing technical-scientific documentation about the project results, support the identification of related specialized consulting services, improving the transformation processes and diversification of products derived from natural resin;
- Support the implementation of project management activities, in particular the pillar II activities related to forest management, including communication and results dissemination;
- Support reports elaboration related to the execution of the project;
- Represent ForestWISE when requested, in events and initiatives relevant to their work line and to ForestWISE in general.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
Pre-Bologna Degree or Master's Degree in Process Engineering, Industrial Management, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry and related areas.
Personal skills/ Soft Skills:
Among others, the following skills are relevant:
- Organization and work method skills;
- Ability for teamwork;
- Ease of relationship with differentiated interlocutors;
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationships;
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills;
- Proactivity and ability to identify improvements in the information flows;
- Proactivity in solving the organisation's daily issues;
- Availability and flexibility of schedule.
Among others, the following experience is prioritized:
- Knowledge of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd transformation industry in the area of natural resin or other non-wood products;
- Experience in the participation and/or research project management and/or consulting in collaboration with companies and entities of the national scientific and technological system;
- Experience in the area of industrial management and monitoring industrial processes;
- Knowledge of Office in user's perspective;
- Written and oral command of the Portuguese language and the English language (level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Knowledge of certification processes.
- Research Field
- Years of Research Experience
- 1 - 4
The selected Project Manager will be entitled to an employment contract with a fixed annual salary between TRU 18 and TRU 32 levels according to the curriculum vitae and the experience presented and proven.
- Interview with candidates with curricular evaluation equal to or greater than 14 points
- The final classification will be the weighted average of the curriculum evaluation, which will assume a weight of 70%, and the interview, which will represent 30%
- Selection of the candidate with the best final ranking
- The jury reserves the right to decide not to select any candidate if they agree that none of the candidates has the profile required.
Workplace: Vila Real
ForestWISE actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy. No candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due to, namely, parentage, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic status, education, origin or social status, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
Francisco Carvalho – Member of the Board
João Gaspar - Member of the Board
Carlos Fonseca – Chief Technology Officer
Alexandra Marques – Executive Coordinator
Rogério Rodrigues - Executive Coordinator
Marta Martins – RN21’s Project Manager
Date: from 25/01/2023 to 15/02/2023
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- CoLAB ForestWISE
- Vila Real
Where to apply
- Vila Real
- Vila Real
- Quinta de Prados, Campus da UTAD
- Postal Code