- Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso
- Faculdade de Ciência e Tecnologia
- Research Field
- Political sciences » Science and society
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso, F.P. is launching a call for the allocation of one (1) Research Grant (BI) for a Master with a PhD registration, under the research project "MSPOR - Advancing Maritime Spatial Planning in Outermost Regions" in the Areas of Planning / Planning of Marine Areas, Oceanography, in order to perform research and development activities at the Faculty of Science and Technology, located on the campus of Ponta Delgada (S. Miguel, Azores), under the following conditions:
1. Object of the Activity:
The grantee will have as duties: research in negotiation of maritime spatial planning plans; stakeholder involvement activities; Action plans.
2. Scientific Area: Oceanography; Planning
3. Admission Requirements:
3.1 Master's degree in Management of Local Sustainable Development.
3.2 Attending a PhD course in Public Policy
3.3 Training and experience in:
b) Sustainability and Environmental Management;
c) Marine Protected Areas
3.4 Knowledge of English;
3.5 Capacity for teamwork.
4. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of the Scientific Research Grant Holder, approved by Law No. 40/2004 of 18 August, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of 27 August, Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of 9 July, by Decree-Law no. 233/2012 of October 29, and by Law no. 12/2013 of January 29, and amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019 of August 28, as amended (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/estatutobolseiro) and FCT, I. P Research Grant Regulations in force (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt).
5. Local de trabalho: The work will be carried out at the premises of the University of the Azores, under the scientific supervision of Dr. Helena Maria Gregório Pina Calado.
6. Duration of the fellowship: The fellowship will have a duration of 6 months, with the possibility of renewal during the duration of the respective project task, according to the fellow's performance, on an exclusive basis, in accordance with the FCT regulations for advanced training of human resources and under the terms of Article 5 of the Research Grant Holder Statute.
7. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant is 1,144.64 euros. The grant will be paid monthly by bank transfer. In addition to this amount, there is the Voluntary Social Insurance, corresponding to the 1st level, should the candidate choose to have it, as well as the Personal Accident Insurance.
8. Métodos de seleção: Os métodos de seleção a utilizar serão os seguintes: avaliação curricular, com valoração de 100%. Should the Jury consider it necessary, an interview may be held in the event of a tie between the candidates placed in the first two positions according to the order resulting from the previous criterion. In this case, the final score will include the curricular evaluation (as described above), with a value of 90%, and the interview, with a value of 10%. If none of the candidates has the appropriate profile (overall evaluation below 50%), the scholarship will not be awarded.
9. Composition of the Selection Board: The Selection Board is composed of Dr. Helena Maria Gregório Pina Calado, President, and the effective members Dr. João José Monteiro Mora Porteiro and Dr. Ana Cristina Matos Ricardo da Costa.
10. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be publicized, through a list sorted by final score obtained, and the candidates will be notified by email. The provisions of the Administrative Procedure Code apply to this competition and, if the decision is unfavorable, the candidates have a period of 10 working days to comment.
11. Application deadline and form of presentation of applications:
The competition is open for the period of 10 days.
Applications must be formalized by sending the following documents
a) Application addressed to the President of the Jury;
b) Letter of Motivation;
c) Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed;
d) Copy of the legal identification and tax document
e) Copy of the Academic Qualifications Certificate
f) Copy of the proof of enrolment and registration in the cycle of studies required in the present Announcement;
g) Other documents that the candidate considers relevant for curricular assessment, namely letters of recommendation and documents attesting to experience in the requirements mentioned in point 3.3 of this announcement.
Applications should be sent exclusively to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org , to the attention of the President of the Jury, Prof. Helena Maria Gregório Pina Calado, with acknowledgement to the Gaspar Frutuoso Foundation (email@example.com ), with the reference of the call for applications (002/BI/FGF).
- Research Field
- Political sciences
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- Faculdade Ciência e Tecnologia, Campus de Ponta Delgada
Where to apply
- Ponta Delgada
- Rua da Mãe de Deus
- Postal Code