ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/06/2021 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting practice sessions and seminars at the Bachelor's and Master's level in the courses such as Web Application Development, Systems Modelling and Software Project.
- Supervising students at the Bachelor's and Master's level.
- Participation in research and development activities.
- Popularisation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
Master's degree or an equivalent qualification.
- The Junior Lecturer must be qualified to conduct seminars and practical sessions at the Bachelor’s and Master’s study levels and must be qualified to participate in the institute's research and development activities.
- Experience in conducting e-learning is highly desirable.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English is required. Estonian is recommended but not required. According to the Language Act, academic staff with foreign citizenship working in Estonia must have acquired at least B1-level Estonian language skills after five years of work. The Centre for Professional Development offers foreigners and their family members the opportunity to participate in Estonian language courses.
Starting at 01.08.2021.
Salary: From 1600 to 1800 euros (gross) per month, depending on qualifications and work experience. The total annual payroll is from 25 000 to 29 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
Associate Professor Kuldar Taveter, email@example.com.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector - in the application, the candidate has to outline if they are willing to work part-time or full-time, which courses they are qualified to teach and what kind of teaching experience they have in the field;
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (with authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in Estonian, English, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, French, Italian, Ukrainian and Belarussian languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 634613
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.