ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/06/2021 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching and coordinating courses in the area of Software Engineering.
- Conducting independent research at the international level in the field of Software Engineering.
- Publishing in reputable scientific venues.
- Applying and leading R&D projects and seeking out for collaborations with industry.
- Supervising MSc and PhD students.
- Performing at least one managerial task at the university is recommended.
- Participation in activities related to the promotion and implementation of the area at the international level.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- A research profile relevant to the area of the position.
- Strong international publication record.
- Experience in implementing or leading research projects.
- Significant teaching experience at the university level.
- Successful supervision of MSc or PhD students.
Required language skills
Excellent command of the English language is required. Estonian is recommended but not required. According to the Language Act, academic staff with foreign citizenship working in Estonia must have acquired at least B1-level Estonian language skills after five years of work. The Centre for Professional Development offers foreigners and their family members the opportunity to participate in Estonian language courses.
Starting at 01.10.2021.
Salary: Starting from 3000 euros (gross) per month depending on work experience and qualifications. The total annual payroll is starting from 48 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
Further information is provided by Associate Professor Kuldar Taveter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is financed by the European Social Fund.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: email@example.com; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (with authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in Estonian, English, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, French, Italian, Ukrainian and Belarussian languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- a statement not exceeding 1500 words describing the objectives to be achieved during the first five years of holding the position, and the outline of the action plan for achieving the objectives;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 634612
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.