RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/05/2021 10:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Cluj-Napoca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956696
Position available within the research project entitled: “H2020-MSCA-ITN SAPIENS “Sustainability and Procurement in International, European, and National Systems”, project number GA n. 956696
Babes-Bolyai University, Center for Good Governance Studies, Department of Public Administration and Management/Doctoral School of Public Administration and Policy, is seeking a highly motivated and mobile candidate with a strong academic record holding at least a Master’s Degree in Economics/ other fields of Social Sciences, fluency in English and some subject knowledge of public procurement law, policy and sustainability.
The ESR will work within the Center for Good Governance Studies, Department of Public Administration and Management/Doctoral School of Public Administration and Policy on the PhD research project “. Fostering SAP in construction”.
The ESR will work under the supervision of Assoc. prof. Bogdana Neamtu, will be offered an international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral training and will include a structured mobility to up 10 months in the Universities and Partner Organisations of the Consortium for the entire project duration that will include:
- UHASSELT (3m resident work with co-supervisor on legal aspects);
- Cluj IT Cluster (2 m training and research on tools for digitalization of the construction industry, specifically Building Information Modelling and how such digital tools can be used to deliver SPP objective, such as improved LCC calculation).
- Envipark (2m hands on research focusing on practical solutions for CAs to shift their behavioural patterns and modus operandi towards waste disposal, clean energy, new materials and fundraising).
The project’s objective is to foster interdisciplinary research into the evolving use of public procurement (PP) to address the social and environmental challenges of the 21st century with a view to create a significantly increased European knowledge base and research capacity on the law, the economics and the business sciences of Sustainable Public Procurement. The ESR will contribute to ambitious and carefully planned research, outreach, impact, and dissemination activities benefiting from the expertise of world-leading senior academics.
The offered positions are available with a fixed starting date in September 2021 for a maximum duration of 36 months with a full-time commitment to work exclusively under the action.
Applicants may be of any nationality and shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation (September 2021), be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of his or her research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
ESR shall not have resided or carried out his or her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Romania for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
The ESR will be part of a community of ESRs based in 10 SAPIENS partner universities and will benefit from an international and interdisciplinary training programme featuring local, ITN-wide, and external activities with an exposure to intersectoral and international working environments. Training will take place through Advanced Training Courses, a Summer School, and a topical conference organised by ITN partners across Europe (Italy, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Romania, Hungary, UK).
Candidates will get a very attractive salary plus an allowances package in accordance with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) rules and the personal circumstances of the applicant.
The gross salary will be approximately 2249.76 €/month, plus a mobility allowance of 600 €/ month and, if due, a family allowance of 500 €/ month.
- must hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent qualifications (candidates with pending Master’s degrees will be considered, but the award will be conditioned on them being awarded the title by end of July). Candidates should ideally possess a Master’s degree in (economics, social sciences) or a different degree provided that that allows them to enlist in a PhD (applications from candidates who already possess a doctoral degree cannot be considered);
- must be in the first four years of her/his research career;
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Romania of the institution that recruits the student for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date;
- must be willing to live in the Host Institution country during the 3 years’ appointment and travel to the other Universities and Partner Organisations of the network for training activities and secondments (according to the details provided in each job post);
- must not hold a PhD;
- must have solid written and oral communication skills in English.
The ideal candidate should have:
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
• Master’s degree in relevant subject area
• Basic understanding of public procurement law and policy
• Basic understanding of sustainability
• Basic understanding of international trade law
• High level analytical ability
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly
• Ability to assess resource requirements and use the resources effectively
• Excellent IT skills across all core Microsoft Office products
• Ability to work as part of a team and work independently using own initiative
• Fluency in English
• Thorough understanding and direct relevant experience of research methods
• Advanced understanding of public procurement law and policy
• Advanced understanding of sustainability issues
• Advanced understanding of international trade law
Sapiens website http://www.sapiensnetwork.eu/
Contacts of the supervisor: Assoc. prof. Bogdana Neamtu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentPolitical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentJuridical sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The applicants must have a master degree in economics, administrative sciences, political sciences, law or any other field from social sciences which might be connected to the topic of public procurement.
EURAXESS offer ID: 634238
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.