RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Molecular chemistryChemistry › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/05/2021 18:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Elvas
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE17/05/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERInnovPP027/2021 |Project reference: ALT20-59-2018-49
Job advertisement – Reference InnovPP0027/2021
Director of Department – 5. New formulations and matrices for agro-biopesticide applications of the Collaborative Lab “InnovPlantProtect – Associação”
The Director of the New formulations and matrices for agro-biopesticide applications Department reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of InnovPlantProtect and has the following main responsibilities:
- Lead a small team of chemists and biochemists (PhD and MSc)
- Set-up a wet laboratory space and daily management of the activities of the department members
- Decision making on design of innovative formulations for protection and safe delivery of new biopesticides for agricultural applications
- Coordinate development of laboratory processes to formulate new biopesticides
- Coordinate activities for analysis of stability, shelf-life and delivery of the actives from the developed formulations
- Coordinate the analysis of the impact in the ecosystems of the new formulations
- Cooperate with the Executive Director in defining the annual activity plan of InnovPlantProtect
- Interact with the other department directors to further the overall objectives of InnovPlantProtect.
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemistry Engineering, Biochemistry or similar.
- PhD researcher preferably with more than 6 years of experience.
- Proven experience in design and synthesis of nanoparticles for biomolecules delivery.
- Experience in the development of standard and new formulations for agricultural or other purposes (cosmetic, pharma). Experience with powders and liquids, especially for spray applications will be valued
- Solid knowledge in characterization and analysis of new formulations
- Proven record in participating in international research and development projects will be valued. Especially the experience in proposal preparation and leadership of research teams is valued as an asset
- H-Index of scientific publications (ISI Web of Science) will be additionally valued
- Fluency of English spoken and written. Fluency in Portuguese will be also valued.
InnovPlantProtect is a private non-profit association
InnovPlantProtect aims to create innovation for the protection of crops, seeds and post-harvest products, in particular through:
- Development of new technologies and knowledge, as well as the improvement of previously developed technologies, to protect crops, seeds and post-harvest products, as well as their intellectual protection and availability;
- Development of applied scientific research to introduce the developed technologies in the market, and to develop processes and products;
- Provide technical support to companies and entities, public or private, assisting them in the introduction of biotechnological strategies, methods and processes, and in the orientation and implementation of industrial research and development, directed towards the protection of crops, seeds and post-harvest products;
- Collaboration with public or private institutions, national or foreign in their areas of activity.
The place of work will be the headquarters of InnovPlantProtect, at the INIAV Elvas, in the former National Plant Breeding Station.
Salary and contract
A full-time contract will be offered, starting May 17th, 2021.The contract will last until December 31, 2022, and will be renewed past 2022 depending on further financial support. All the activities to be developed will be subject to confidentiality clauses.
The gross value of the remuneration will be €3 851,50€, (14 month) with 4,77€ for meal allowance.
This contract is co-financed by the European Social Fund and Alentejo 2020, under the Operation: Highly qualified employment in companies - Hiring Highly Qualified Human Resources (PME or CoLAB, project reference: ALT20-59-2018-49
To apply for this position, the following documents should be sent in a single PDF document:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Statement of honour on how the data declared in the CV are
Where to send the application
To the care of the CEO of InnovPlantProtect Collaborative Lab, Professor Doctor Pedro Fevereiro (email@example.com)
This call is open from April 26th to May 10th, 2021, with a decision expected by May 14th.
General rules of data protection (GDPR)
With the entry into force of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 April 2016, commonly known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in order to ensure a fair and transparent treatment of the holder of the data, InnovPlantProtect informs that by applying for this position you are authorizing InnovPlantProtect to (1) collect and process your personal data deemed necessary and relevant to this recruitment process, (2) to disclose the results of the evaluation in accordance with the legislation in force.
EURAXESS offer ID: 633216
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.