ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Medieval history
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
Call for candidates for a position of an assistant in the Faculty of History, Department of Medieval History, University of Warsaw
Planned full-time employment for two years.
Planned gross basic salary: PLN 4,000 – 4,100 / month.
Employment begins: 1 October 2021.
Application dead-line: 28 May 2021.
The results will be announced by the 16 June 2021, and candidates will be informed by e-mail.
The searching procedure may include interviews with the chosen candidates and a public lecture (on-line) intended for students to test the candidates' teaching skills.
The searching procedure constitutes only the first step in the process of hiring, which is organized according to the procedure provided in the Statute of the University of Warsaw and the relevant rules of the University of Warsaw and Faculty of History.
- A letter of application (to the Rector of the University of Warsaw).
- GDPR consent statement (forms for candidates: https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp-druki-i-formularze/, Information on personal data processing).
- A copy of PhD Diploma or relevant document.
- A CV, list of publications and description of future scientific plans.
- A cover letter.
- An administrative questionnaire (“kwestionariusz osobowy”) to be found at the University of Warsaw Website or contact information if a candidate does not speak Polish.
Please include in your application the following statement:
“I am familiar with the conditions of conducting a call for the position of an academic teacher at the University of Warsaw (Decree No. 106 of the Rector of the UW of 27 September 2019, paragraph 1, point 4).”
All documents should be sent by e-mail to the following address:
email@example.com under the title: “Konkurs - Średniowiecze”.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
1. Specialisation in the Medieval history.
2. Ph.D. degree.
3. Scholarly achievements (publications and conference presentations in the field of specialisation).
4. Additional advantages of the candidates:
- international relationships;
- participation in research projects;
- teaching experience;
- other achievements and scholarly awards.
1. Conducting scholarly research in the field of history and publishing its results, also internationally.
2. The teaching duties per academic year: 210 hours.
Successful candidate will teach courses of the Medieval History of Poland; Medieval History of Europe; Auxiliary Sciences of Medieval History, as well as courses of Academic Writing, and Introduction to the Historical Research.
3. Applying for external research funding (e.g. NCN).
4. Willingness to perform assigned organizational functions in the Faculty of History.
EURAXESS offer ID: 632952
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.