ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Contemporary historyHistory › Medieval historyHistory › Modern history
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Call for candidates for the position of two postdoctoral researchers/lecturers under the Excellence Initiative – Research University Programme (full-time, 18 months contract) at the Faculty of History of the University of Warsaw
Project title: Global history – extra-European contexts of the modern world
Project description: The selected candidates will run their projects in the chosen fields of the history of South Asia, East Asia or Southeast Asia from the late medieval period until the present day.
Salary: PLN 8 000 – 9 000 (gross) per month.
Position starts on a) October 1st, 2021 or within 3 months hereafter, b) October 1st, 2021 or within 12 months hereafter.
Minimum period of employment: 18 months.
Only the short-listed candidates will be invited to an online interview. The pre-selection and the interview are the first stage of the recruitment procedure for the position of adiunkt specified in the University of Warsaw Statute. Its positive conclusion will be the basis for further proceedings. The University of Warsaw reserves the right to cancel the call without providing reasons.
Application documents (in English):
● cv and the list of publications,
● cover letter,
● proposal of the project to be completed at the University of Warsaw (up to 2000 words + bibliography),
● signed agreement for the processing of personal data by the University of Warsaw, which is attached to this call,
● declaration that they have read and accepted the rules of the present selection process.
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Asia post-doc".
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
● a doctoral degree,
● documented experience in research within the field of Asian studies,
● proven active participation in international academic life,
● well-argued excellent research project dealing with any region of South Asia, East Asia or Southeast Asia, adopting a global perspective,
● excellent knowledge of English (corresponding min. to level C1),
● sound knowledge of at least one Asian language relevant for the chosen research region and field,
● excellent communication skills, including the ability to present research results and write for publication,
● ability and willingness to work as part of a scholarly community, share insights and findings, and engage in collaboration,
● ability to complete projects and work to a deadline.
● specific plans to apply for further research grants affiliated with the University of Warsaw,
● specific publications plans,
● knowledge of other foreign languages,
● research experience outside of Poland
The selected candidates will:
● conduct autonomous research on the project submitted in the application, with great potential and impact on international scholarship,
● take active part in academic life at the University of Warsaw, i.a. attending seminars, delivering papers, lectures, sharing their knowledge and skills with other members of the academic community,
● disseminate results of their research through conference presentations and particularly publications affiliated with the UW and published in leading international journals and publishing houses
● actively contribute to strengthening the, international position of the UW
● collaborate with university administration in all matters related to the project,
● teach up to 90 teaching hours (45 min.) a year, in English or in Polish.
EURAXESS offer ID: 632932
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.