ORGANISATION/COMPANYErasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Rotterdam
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
Are you an enthusiastic lecturer, keen to help strengthen our dynamic, international, and diverse teaching environment in the field of marketing? Our department has a strong research and teaching tradition and an international orientation to the academic and business communities. We hope you're also passionate about educating and inspiring the next generation of marketing managers.
Your main tasks
Your main task is teaching students of the bachelors Bedrijfskunde (BSc BA) and International Business Administration (BSc IBA), and students of the master in Marketing Management (MSc), involving:
- coaching and supervising students during internships, bachelor and master theses
- course delivery, including lectures (classroom, online and blended), assignments and examinations
- course design and course co-ordination.
A primary focus will lie on teaching marketing research methods, but the role also includes teaching in other areas, for example marketing strategy and pro-social behaviours.
- The role starts on 1 September 2021. An earlier starting date can be discussed.
- The position is at the level of lecturer, on a temporary basis of two years. Subsequent contract renewal is possible with a track record of excellent teaching. In the long term, a permanent position with promotion to associate lecturer is possible.
- Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent and a considerable amount of vacation days. We offer competitive salary, based on the candidate's experience which will range from € 2.790 to € 4.402 gross per month based on full-time employment. The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
- We offer excellent training and career development opportunities. You will closely collaborate with experienced faculty members in developing and delivering courses at the BSc and MSc levels. RSM has a dedicated Learning Innovation Team, which supports faculty members in improving and innovating their courses and programmes.
Interested candidates are invited to make a formal application by uploading the following:
- Cover letter containing their motivation for the position
For more information about the job please contact Dr Mirjam Tuk, the department's Hiring Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The initial deadline for applications is Friday 21 May 2021, although applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Promising candidates can expect an invitation for an interview early June.
Web site for additional job details
- You have (or expect to complete soon) a PhD in marketing, economics, psychology, or a closely related field, and demonstrate a strong interest in the field of marketing.
- You have a strong background in research methods.
- You can teach at an academic level in English, the ability to teach in Dutch is a strong pro.
- You have completed the University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire that in the short term.
- Teaching experience is a strong advantage.
Your required competences
- You are a passionate and persuasive teacher.
- You are a team player and are open to collaborate with various faculty members across the different courses and programmes.
- You are eager to deliver high-quality content and constructive feedback.
- You are proactive, conscientious and can organise well.
EURAXESS offer ID: 632154
Posting organisation offer ID: 299934
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.