RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Tilburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
Tasks are coordinated by the head of department and typically include:
Research (overall research time ca. 50%)
- Conduct research in lifespan developmental psychology
- Contribute to high quality papers
- Write personal career grant proposals (e.g., NWO Veni/Vidi, ERC Starting grant)
Teaching (overall teaching load ca. 50%, including management)
- Teach challenging and engaging lectures in the programs of the department
- Mentor BA/MA students by supervising theses and (academic) internships
- Academic citizenship (e.g., supporting department members with projects and proposals, committee memberships etc.)
Tilburg University is rated among the top Dutch employers, offering excellent terms of employment. For the tenure track position there is a 5-years fixed term contract with the possibility of tenure thereafter. The starting salary for the position of an assistant professor on a full-time basis ranges between € 3.746 and € 5.127 gross per month.
Employees from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. Tilburg University is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: no later than September 1st 2021.
Applications and information concerning the vacancy
Additional information about Tilburg University and the Department of Developmental Psychology can be retrieved from https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/socialsciences/organization/departments/developmental-psychology.
Specific information about the vacancies can be obtained from Prof. dr. Stefan Bogaerts (S.Bogaerts@tilburguniversity.edu).
Applications, including a curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, two recent (forthcoming) publications, teaching evaluations (if available), and a recent Thomson Reuters Researcher ID profile should be sent before May 31 2021 to drs. Wietske van Zwol a.i. Managing Director Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Tilburg University (only by using the link below).
Our department embraces the values of open and reproducible science, and candidates are encouraged to address in their motivation letter how they plan to pursue these goals in their work. In addition, candidates are encouraged to address how their research may help advance society and generate impact.
The applicant is encouraged to address in the motivation letter how their previous and future research can contribute to the research agenda of the department.
Meetings with applicants will be scheduled in the week of June 14th. The meetings will be held online because of COVID-19 measures.
Web site for additional job details
Good CV to apply for personal grants and good fit with the department
- Consistent record of high impact publications as first author
- Competitive citation record
- (Recent) PhD completion
- Research focus on primary school-age children
- Fit with the research in the department
- Team player
Methodological expertise in one or more of the following domains
- Experience in statistical tools to model longitudinal data (e.g., time series analysis, growth curve analysis, multilevel models, continuous time modeling)
- Experience with innovative assessment methods (e.g., ESM, SCED, psychophysiology, implicit measures, questionnaire development, narrative coding)
- Affinity with experimental research designs, including behavioral and neuro-biological indicators of behavioral differences and changes
- Teaching certification (equivalent to Dutch BKO) or willingness to obtain one
- Excellent English language skills
- Record of good student evaluations (if possible)
EURAXESS offer ID: 632143
Posting organisation offer ID: 299959
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.