ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Groningen
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Groningen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
Duties for this position include primarily teaching responsibilities (80%) complemented by academic research (20%). Applicants must possess excellent teaching skills to contribute to the courses offered by the department in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies and to supervise bachelor and master theses. Candidates should also have the capacity to conduct original research and publish in good management journals.
The position is situated in the department of Innovation Management & Strategy, which comprises eight Full Professors, 12 Associate Professors, 18 Assistant Professors, and 10 PhD students. We have a diverse department with more than 40% international staff members. The department covers a variety of interests and disciplinary backgrounds and embraces varied methodological approaches with a keen focus on quality in teaching and research. In our teaching and research, we value both theoretical significance and practical relevance. Opportunities to develop in teaching and research are encouraged and facilitated. The department contributes to degree programmes at the (honours) bachelor’s, master’s, research master’s, and PhD level and is responsible for the coordination of four Master of Science tracks: Change Management, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation Management, and Healthcare Management & Economics.
You will get an initial appointment for a period of four years on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation at the end of the second year of employment.
The University of Groningen is an equal opportunities employer. Since women are still under-represented in a number of fields, they are particularly encouraged to apply.
We offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,790 (salary scale 10) to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• participation in a pension scheme for employees.
• a fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this, rendering part of the salary exempt from tax.
We assume candidates to start by September 2021.
You are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter containing your motivation for the position
2. an up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. two letters of reference
4. two examples of publications and/or working papers
5. evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarised teaching evaluations)
Promising candidates will be invited for a campus visit shortly after the deadline.
You can submit your application until 13 May 11:59pm / before 14 May 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Web site for additional job details
We encourage candidates who fulfil the following conditions to apply:
1. hold a PhD degree (or be close to completion) in fields connected to Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organisation Studies
2. have interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and in mentoring students
3. have demonstrable potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in good management journals
4. be part of a wide, relevant national and international network
5. be a collegial staff member with good communication skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 632137
Posting organisation offer ID: 299971
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.