ORGANISATION/COMPANYSlovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Physical chemistryEngineering › Materials engineeringPhysics › Solid state physicsTechnology › Nanotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 14:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSlovakia › Trnava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2021
We are opening three researcher positions at the Advanced Technologies Research Institute STU MTF (ATRI) within the SlovakION project, where the following topics are of interest:
- Functional thin film synthesis
- application fields of interest: tribology, catalysis, optics, electronics, optoelectronics
- Radiation tolerant materials
- materials design for fusion, spallation, and space applications
- alloys, refractory materials, ultra-wide band gap semiconductors, radiation resistance/response testing, and evaluation
- Ion implantation/irradiation processing
- ion beam synthesis of layers, and nanostructures, ion beam mixing, surface nanopatterning, ion-induced phase change
- Group 10, and 11 transition metal oxides with high oxidation states
- catalysis, superconductors
- Materials characterization
- Integrating analytical techniques in a common framework, interpretation of data focusing on new, uncharacterized phases and interdisciplinarity
- Ion beam analysis, microscopy, spectrometry, correlative imaging
The applicants are free to choose from these topics and are expected to submit a plan for research, they plan to conduct within this position. The research plan is expected to make use of equipment available at ATRI (see in the workplace description below), but not limited to. Further development of existing scientific cooperation of the applicant with other parties within their planned activity at ATRI is welcome and adds value to the application.
Contract duration: 01/07/2021 - 31/05/2023
Gross monthly salary: 1900 - 2100 EUR
Description of the workplace:
The Advanced Technologies Research Institute within the Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava runs an ion beam centre equipped with a 6 MV Tandem ion accelerator and a 500 kV ion implanter, sputter deposition systems and plasma immersion ion implantation. See details here (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2017.04.051) and here (http://atri.mtf.stuba.sk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=172&lang=en). Further infrastructure is being installed in near future (target is end of 2021/beginning 2022):
- Two experimental vacuum chambers for plasma-based deposition and implantation (including HiPIMS, Knudsen cell, PIII, sample heating/cooling, Langmuir probes, mass spectrometers)
- SEM with Gallium FIB and EDX
- XPS/UPS/AUGER/ISS/ARPES and UHV IR spectroscopy system
- AFM-Raman correlative imaging system incl. TERS capability.
- Time-of-Flight Elastic Recoil Detection Analysis system at the 6 MV tandem accelerator.
- High-current He- and H- ion source for high energy ion implantation and high-fluence ion irradiation experiments
Other available equipment available at the faculty, see here: https://www.mtf.stuba.sk/english/research/laboratories-and-devices-in-the-institutes.html?page_id=14595
ATRI also has good access to nanoindentation (Hysitron TI Premier), Barkhausen noise analysis, positron annihilation spectrometry and TEM within the University and cooperating institutes.
In case further information is needed, please contact email@example.com )
- 45 vacation days
- Lunch vouchers
- Contribution to the supplementary pension insurance (so-called 3-rd pillar)
- Possibility of accommodation in the Faculty Guesthouse within the Campus (depending on actual capacity and COVID-19 restrictions).
The applications will be evaluated based on scientific merit and the degree to which the individual proposals reflect the topics listed in the job description. After an initial review/evaluation of the submitted applications, selected candidates will be invited to a hearing.
- Applicants must have a PhD. (doctoral degree) in Material Science and Engineering, Condensed matter physics or related field.
- Experience in experimental techniques relevant to the chosen topic, (such as CVD, PVD, SEM, AFM, XPS, Raman, IR spectrometry, ion implantation, ion beam analysis)
- Experience in student/coworker supervision, project implementation
- Demonstrated leadership/people skills are an advantage
- Good command of English
The applicants are required to submit:
- A cover letter describing their experience and past activity highlighting the interconnection with the planned research (max. 2 pages)
- Research plan (max. 4 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
EURAXESS offer ID: 631975
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.