ORGANISATION/COMPANYWarsaw University of Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/05/2021 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK8
Warsaw University of Technology offers a three-year, full-time post-doctoral position within the NCN-funded research project "Turing, Ashby, and 'the Action of the Brain'" (NCN grant no. 2020/37/B/HS1/01809), PI: Dr. Hans Joachim Greif. A detailed project description can be found here https://projekty.ncn.gov.pl/index.php?projekt_id=483348
The position is scheduled for max. 36 months.
The post-doc researcher will:
* perform research tasks specified in the project description, which fall within her/his competence;
* contribute to implementation of the design and planning of research tasks’ details;
* participate in the preparation, presentation and publication of research results;
* present and publish research results in collaboration with members of the project team;
* participate in research activities, such as organizing workshops;
* participate in meetings of the research team;
* PhD in philosophy or other science related to the topic of the project;
* significant experience in the history and philosophy of artificial intelligence, cybernetics and related fields;
* experience in conducting research projects;
* excellent English language (CEFR C1 / C2 level in reading, writing and speaking), allowing the use of English as a working language in the project.
We consider as additional advantages:
* publications in peer-reviewed scientific publications in a field related to the project topic;
* formal education or practical experience in archival work and / or qualitative social science methods;
* organizational, administrative and media skills,
* readiness to move to Warsaw as a research site,
* knowledge of the Polish language.
Conditions of employment:
* Position: post-doc type, researcher in a group of research employees (non-academic teacher staff), in a research project.
* Academic unit implementing the project: Faculty of Administration and Social Sciences of the Warsaw University of Technology.
* Employment start date: June 1, 2021 or later.
* Form of employment: employment contract.
* Employment time: full time.
* Maximum duration of employment: max 36 months.
* Deadline for submitting documents: 03.05.2021
Candidates should submit the following documents (in one PDF file if the documents are submitted electronically)
* employment application;
* cover letter, in which you should also describe your particular motivation and briefly present your qualifications;
* CV containing information about research work and scientific achievements;
* personal questionnaire (the form can be obtained here:
* a copy of the diploma of completing doctoral studies.
Web site for additional job details:
EURAXESS offer ID: 631836
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.