- Latvijas Organiskas Sintezes Instituts
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Researcher Profile
- Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (LIOS) – the leading drug discovery centre in Baltic countries is offering one fixed term position of principal investigator/the head of Natural Products Research group. The position is offered within the call HORIZON-WIDERA-2022-TALENTS-01 ERA Chair project “Natural Products Research at Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis as a driver for Excellence in Innovation” (Natalion). The candidate will be responsible for the development of her/his Natural Products Research group, for which funds to cover ~5 FTEs are secured for 5 years. The candidate is expected to lead the establishment of natural products research at LIOS. The details on responsibilities, obligations, and rights of the position see at https://www.osi.lv/en/vacancies/recruitment-head-preclinical-biomateria….
Duration of the contract - 54 months with option for an extension.
- Research Field
- Biological sciences
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
We are searching for the candidate with:
- PhD in life sciences;
- established scientific record in natural products research related to natural product synthesis, microbiology, bioinformatics, and/or metabolomics;
- proven leadership and management skills (>2 years).
Full set of mandatory competences, desirable competences as well as the selection methodology see https://www.osi.lv/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Recruitment_of_NPR_group_….
Women are explicitly encouraged to apply to increase their share in science and research.
Basic salary EUR 64 560,- p.a. before tax
Bonus payments for articles in high impact journals, supervised PhD and MSc thesis, awarded and managed public and private competitive projects
Dedicated funding for
- training and short term mobility (e.g. scientific conferences);
- upgrade and build-up of infrastructure;
- development of Natural Products Research group (~5 FTEs) with secured financing for 5 years.
Applications must be in English and include:
- motivation letter, particularly outlining experience in natural products research;
- CV, including academic qualifications, mobility experience, management experience, teaching and supervising record (MSc and PhD thesis supervised), and fundraising experience (composition, number, and monetary volume of research projects);
- optional – recommendation letters on leadership skills and teamwork;
- research plan (minimum 3 pages including references) – will only have to be submitted at the second round of the selection process.
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis
- Postal Code
- Aizkraukles str. 21
Where to apply
- Aizkraukles 21
- Postal Code
- +371 67014801