ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Amsterdam (UvA)
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Amsterdam
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The Analytical Chemistry Group, part of the Van't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in FFF - nanoplastics analysis.
What are you going to do?
You will work as an independent researcher in a team focusing on the development and application of field flow fraction (FFF) techniques for nanoparticles analyses with a focus on nanoplastics (environmental and biological matrices). Developing tools for the analysis of nanosized plastics and studying their interactions with other (macro)molecules by asymmetrical-FFF (AF4) will be your main objective. Mass spectrometry will be used for identification and quantitation purposes. You will work within a team of scientists to conduct both collaborative research in addition to your own research to develop both sample preparation and separation methods. As a team member you will propose and carry out new developments that improve the analytical capacity of our research. In addition to your research, you will be expected to train and teach internal and external researchers (students, trainees and collaborators) in the use of our AF4, MS and allied methods and participate in research discussions, including own research involvement.
You are expected to:
- Work independently and be active in the applied research involving FFF and MS techniques with a focus on nanoplastics analysis;
- take over part of the responsibilities of the vacancy holder and work independently on agreed tasks in the absence of your supervisor (away for 4-5 months);
- (co-)supervise PhD students and junior scientists;
- publish in high level international journals, and present at leading conferences;
- be open to collaborations with other institutes and/or companies by contributing to (joint) research project;
- exhibit the highest degree of reliability and accuracy to assure high-quality data;
- adhere strictly to the research-integrity, laboratory-safety and data-management regulations of the institute.
We offer a temporary contract for 38 hours a week, preferably starting on 1 june 2021 for the duration of 12 months. The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,790 to €4,402 (scale 10) gross per month, based on a fulltime contract (38 hours a week). This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
Do you recognize yourself in the job profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15 May 2021.
Applications in .pdf should include:
- a motivation letter and CV, including a list of publications,
- the names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
Please mention the months (not just years) in your CV when referring to your education and work experience.
We will recruit until a suitable candidate has been found.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- Alina Astefanei, assistant professor
T: +31 (0)20 525 6539
Web site for additional job details
What do we require?
- At least two years work experience;
- a PhD in (Analytical) Chemistry;
- a strong scientific expertise in FFF;
- experience and/or affinity with the acquisition and managing of research projects;
- excellent communication, organization, and time management skills;
- self-motivation, enthusiasm, ambition and good networking capabilities;
- good communication skills in the English language.
Demonstrated experience in mass spectrometry is a plus and demonstrated experience with nanoparticle analysis is a particular advantage.
Applications from candidates who do not meet any one of these requirements will not be considered.
EURAXESS offer ID: 631757
Posting organisation offer ID: 299885
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.