ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Groningen
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/06/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Groningen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The successful candidate will be hosted at the Institute for Science Education and Communication (https://www.rug.nl/research/isec/) and will work on an EU-H2020 project (Outdoor Science Education for a Sustainable Future), which aims to examine the role of out-of-school science engagement in diverse contexts (e.g., community-settings, science cafes, science centres, science festivals, science/art events) on young people’s development of scientific literacy and scientific citizenship. Research in these areas includes, but is not limited to, topics related to science identity, scientific literacy, career aspirations, equitable science, diversifying science, gender issues, informal science and science communication.
Beyond research, the successful candidate will be engaged in graduate student supervision and contribute to the teaching as part of MSc programme: Science Education and Communication.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 3,353 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 4,402 gross per month (salary scale 10)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
• a full-time appointment (1.0 FTE) for the duration of 30 months.
The starting date is 1 September 2021
You may apply for this position until 13 June 11:59 pm / before 14 June 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The submission should contain the following:
1. cover letter
2. a curriculum vitae including a list of publications
3. a research statement describing the applicant’s experience, goals, and fit with the position (3 pages)
4. two samples of academic writing as lead author
5. two reference letters (should be emailed separately by reference writers).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Dr Lucy Avraamidou
+31 6 27194432
Web site for additional job details
• a PhD degree in Science Education or Educational Sciences with a focus on science, awarded before the starting date
• a solid methodological skill set and especially quantitative methods
• proven excellent oral and written English language skills
• excellent communication and collaboration skills
• eagerness to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 631753
Posting organisation offer ID: 299893
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.