RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › OpticsPhysics › Solid state physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/05/2021 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Kraków
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
- Studies of spin and magnetic properties of nitrogen-vacancy (NV) centers in nanodiamonds (NDs)
- Development of new techniques and photonic platforms for measuring and imaging magnetic fields with NDs
- Scholarship corresponding to the full-time salary 3 800 PLN (~900 EUR) gross per month for up to September 2023.
- Personal development funds (for trainings, summer schools etc.): 3 800 PLN / month.
- Working in a young, dynamically developing team
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Scientific supervision (local thesis supervisor and external mentor)
Having a status of a PhD student at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow on the starting date of work in the project (successful applicants may enroll as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of the Jagiellonian University, which will require separate recruitment process that we can assist with)
Please submit the following documents to Dr. Adam Wojciechowski firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “phd student application”
- Statement of research interests (max. 1 page)
- At least 1 letter of recommendation (confidential, should be sent via email by a senior scientist)
- Signed information on the processing of personal data – form available on the website: https://zf.if.uj.edu.pl/en/qunna
Applicants will be notified about the results via email. Selected candidates will be invited to the interview (on-line).
Appeals and comments on recruitment process may be sent within 7 days of forwarding the decision via the same email address.
Earlier start possible for applicants already having a PhD student status.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Having a status of a PhD student on the starting date (successful applicants will either have to already be or to enroll as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of the Jagiellonian University)
- Good knowledge in following fields:
- optical spectroscopy,
- magnetic resonance
- modern microscopy techniques (confocal, wide-field, fluorescence)
- Experience in
- optical setup design and construction
- programming languages (Matlab, Python, LabView and/or Mathematica)
will be an additional asset
- Proven research record (publications, talks) will be an additional benefit
- Good spoken and written English
EURAXESS offer ID: 631625
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.