ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedical University of Gdańsk
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Gdańsk
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Rector of Medical University of Gdańsk
announces an open competition for the position of
IN THE DIVISION OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND SOCIAL MEDICINE
group of research-teaching employees
full time employee
THE TASKS OF A PERSON EMPLOYED AT THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE:
- conducting scientific research,
- obtaining research grants,
- publishing research results in scientific magazines and monographs,
- improving research and teaching skills,
- didactic activity (in Polish and English),
- developing academic programmes and curriculums,
- organization of the teaching process,
- active participation in scientific conferences and seminars,
- developing professional skills and qualifications.
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- completed university studies in the field of public health,
- having a Master of Science in Health Sciences or equivalent,
- candidate, during PhD studies or during the PhD process, would be most welcome,
- English language skills at least at B2 level,
- Polish language skills at a level that allows conducting didactic classes with students,
- experience in conducting classes for students,
- experience in publishing scientific articles,
- scientific achievements in the form of at least one full-text publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal with at least Q2 (Scientific publication published in the journal appearing - as at the application date - in the first / second quartile (Q1 / Q2) of the Impact Factor calculated on the basis of the Web of Science Core Collection database. In a situation where in the Journal Citations Report database, in which the above-mentioned Impact Factor index is presented, the journal is assigned to more than one category and is in different quartiles, a higher quartile is taken into account) or scientific output, which should be at least 1.0 point IF or at least one registered patent application,
- having a predisposition to research and teaching,
- sharing the vision and development goals of the entity - the Division of Public Health and Social Medicine, formulated on the website: https://structure.mug.edu.pl/21p
- working at the best medical university in Poland with the status of a research university,
- full time contract of employment for a fixed term,
- the possibility of professional development,
- attractive employee benefits.
- Candidates should meet the requirements of an Act on Higher Education and Science (requirements referred to in art.113), including:
- meeting the requirements specified in the above mentioned Act and the statute of MUG,
- being not punished by any disciplinary penalty referred to in art. 276 paragraph 1 points 7 and 8 of the above mentioned Act,
- meeting the requirements referred to in art. 20 clause 1 points 1-3 of the above mentioned Act,
- stating that, in case of winning this competition, Medical University of Gdansk will be the candidates’ primary place of employment as defined by the above mentioned Act may enter the competition.
- Candidates willing to participate in the competition are asked to submit their application form (all required documents) by clicking APPLY .
- All documents must be provided in the Polish language version.
- The deadline for applying is 21.05.2021 at 23.59 - the date and time recorded by the recruitment system is applicable.
- The result of the competition is settled based on the analysis of the documentation submitted by the candidates.
- The result of the competition will be announced at the University website https://careers.mug.edu.pl/61031.html,
- The University reserves the right to close the competition without stating any reasons.
- The final decision about employment of a candidate recommended by Competition Committee, is made by the Rector of the Medical University of Gdańsk.
- a written statement on entering the competition,
- personal questionnaire for a candidate applying for employment,
- CV (information on the candidate’s previous work achievements), with a cover letter (short information supporting the sharing of the vision and goals of the unit's development),
- a university diploma stating the professional titles the candidate has earned (along with the supplement),
- professional specialization documents,
- copies of former employment certificates and a confirmation of current employment,
- other documents confirming qualifications and competencies for teaching students,
- the candidate’s statement about meeting the requirements of the art. 113 of the Act of Law on Higher Education and Science,
- the candidate’s statement that, in case of winning this competition, the Medical University of Gdańsk will be the candidate’s primary place of employment as defined by the Act of Law on Higher Education and Science.
Templates of some documents that have to be completed, scanned and attached you will find on the webside: https://careers.mug.edu.pl/61031.html
Prof. Marcin Gruchała, MD, PhD
EURAXESS offer ID: 631540
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.