ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Southern Denmark
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Odense M
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
REFERENCE NUMBER21/25 332
The Department of Green Technology (IGT) at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for an associate professor position in life cycle engineering, circular economy and waste management systems. The position will be placed in the Center for Life Cycle Engineering and is available from October 1st, 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
SDU Life Cycle Engineering focuses on education and research contributing to global sustainability. With the announced position, LCE wishes to strengthen the capacity for holistic assessment of pathways towards a circular economy. The position targets both practical and technological aspects (e.g. waste and resources characterization, techno-economic analysis) and the development of key tools and methods for modelling and evaluation of material cycles within local to global economic settings.
Your past research should include modeling of processes, environmental (life cycle assessment) and economic assessment of integrated waste management systems, with specific focus on resource recovery processes such as collection, sorting and reprocessing/recycling. In addition, your experience should include application of one of the following methodologies:
- Static and dynamic material flow analysis (MFA) of resource and product systems
- Environmentally-extended input-output analysis and process/hybrid life cycle assessment (LCA)
Responsibilities and tasks:
The candidate will perform research, contribute to the teaching tasks, and share other responsibilities in the department. The candidate will engage in training of the next generation of researchers and environmental engineers, and is expected to collaborate with researchers and especially with stakeholders across sectors, including policy makers, non-governmental organizations and industry. Main activities will include:
- Teaching future engineers (MSc. courses in waste management technology, environmental assessment) and training and supervision of doctoral students;
- Develop an ambitious research program, write national and international grant proposals;
- Contribute to regional sustainability and circular economy transition strategies, including by fostering close collaboration with regional stakeholders;
- Building collaborations with researchers from other SDU departments covering a wide range of technology domains.
- You bring strong expertise and an adequate track record in the research topics listed above
- You have an adequate record of funding acquisition and project management
- You have adequate teaching experience
- You hold a relevant PhD degree
- You have a network of relevant international collaborators
- You enjoy working with complex topics using a systems perspective.
Read more and apply at https://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger/vip
EURAXESS offer ID: 631073
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.