ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDSociology › Social changesSociology › Sociology of labour
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
- The main aims are the formation and improvement of highly qualified professionals with a strong and solid attitude for the elaboration, organisation and direction of empirical and theoretical research. The PhD programme is organised to educate scholars who will be able to manage:
- Theoretical and sociological reflections along with the most important and innovative emerging social issues;
- Field-work with qualitative and quantitative methodologies, also in the digital realm.
To achieve these goals the candidates are invited, in the first year, to participate to several methodological seminars, designed to improve their quantitative and qualitative techniques of sociological research. Along the whole period of study the candidates are invited to participate to regular methodological laboratories, organised to make them able to utilize statistical programmes for the social sciences, as SPSS and Stata.
- Research topics
- Sociological theory and research methodology
- Urban sociology, tourism and migratory processes
- Sociology of cultural and communicative processes
- Digital Sociology
- Sociology of family and generations
- Sociology of education and socialisation processes
- Sociology of deviance, criminology and victimology
- Sociology of Health
- Sociology of well-being
- Sociology of Social Policy
- Sociology of economic processes, organisation and work
- Sociology of Consumption
- Social communication and participatory processes
- Sociology of web society
- Sociology of Social Innovation
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research proposal
- Abstract of the second cycle degree thesis
- List of publications (i.e. monographs, articles on scientific journals, volume chapters), minor publications (conference papers, etc.)
- University Master Courses (Master Universitari di I e II livello), Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
- Language proficiency certificates
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 631021
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.