ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Economic historyHistory › History of philosophy
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
- The PhD has many research fields - anthropology, archaeology, politics, oriental studies, history and other intercultural connections - that cover a wide chronological lenght, extended from prehistory to modern times. They follow an inter-disciplinary dimension and different methodologies, working together in a whole-crossing way. The PhD aims to form scholars able to play high qualified roles in the Universities, in scientific and cultural institutions, in the private firms, in preserving, safeguarding and promoting the territory and its historical-artistic heritage, both in public and private, by processing and interpreting historical sources, archaeological materials, sociological data, building databases, employing graphic instruments.
Genesis and development of settlements and cities
Dynamics of territories occupation and economic and cross-cultural interactions between different peoples
Conceptual frameworks: social complexity and ideologies (analysis of theological, philosophical, political, juridical
aspects concerning institutions and mobility of social structures)
Symbolic relationship between memory objects;
Events, intended as processes of construction and reconstruction of memory, which call into question the
relationship between memory and history;
Philosophical texts, or schools of thought, which are relevant for intellectual history and intercultural dialogue.
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research proposal
- Abstract of the second cycle degree thesis
- Personal Statement
- No more than 2 reference letters
- List of publications (i.e. monographs, articles on scientific journals, volume chapters - max. 3), minor publications (conference papers, etc. - max. 2) and abstracts and posters presented during academic conferences
- University Master Courses (Master Universitari di I e II livello), Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
− Specialisation thesis
- Research activity of any kind
- Language proficiency certificates
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 631012
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.