ORGANISATION/COMPANYResearch Studios Austria Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
RESEARCH FIELDInformation science › Information managementInformation science › Library science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2021
30 hours/week (3 years)
Your profile: You have a university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other natural sciences, and you meet the relevant criteria of the TU Wien doctoral programme https://informatics.tuwien.ac.at/doctoral/).
- Knowledge on Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Text Analysis
- Programming / prototyping skills in Java and/or Python. Other programming languages are a bonus.
- Working with and querying databases, code sharing, issue tracking (JIRA, GIT).
- Publications are of advantage
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal (e.g. IELTS at 7.0 or higher)
Your field of activity:
- Working in an international research project of the Research Studio Data Science and towards obtaining a PhD from TU Wien, Faculty of Informatics.
- Independently and collaboratively designing Information Retrieval and Extraction experiments.
- Training and testing hypotheses, principles and models, including AI/ML models.
- Co/authoring research papers, reports and funding bids.
- Presenting y/our research at conferences, workshops and public events.
Your personal abilities and qualities:
- Understanding of project aims and specific tasks, reporting and communicating in English.
- Ability to proactively seek solutions to complex problems without needing to be micromanaged
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and forward plan
- Ability to do science systematically, with integrity and to follow good research practices
- Team player able to work to challenging targets
- Knowledge of German or willingness to learn
- Working in a Linux environment (deployment, essential scripting, configuration, logging, etc.).
At the 1090, Thurngasse location near the University of Vienna there are three RSA FG research studios that offer you an interdisciplinary work environment. You work in a friendly atmosphere and in a team of young, committed researchers at the intersection between academic work and innovative market implementation.
Remuneration according to qualifications and willingness to perform begins with a gross monthly salary of € 2.000 EUR to 2.237 EUR for 30 hours / week.
Projected starting date (delays are possible): April 2021.
The 3-year (1 + 2) PhD contract will be awarded on a first come first serve basis to the first suitable candidate. Female candidates and candidates with minority backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send applications including cover letter, motivation, curriculum vitae and certificates to our Chief Researcher of the RSA FG by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630983
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.