ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEKTbd
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
University of Wrocław
invites applications in the competition
for the position of Instructor (lektor) at the School of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners in the Institute of Polish Studies
To be eligible, applicants have to meet the terms and conditions stipulated in the Polish Higher Education Act of July 20, 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1668, as amended).
The start date for the position is 1 October 2021. It is a full-time position.
II. A successful application has to contain:
- a cover letter addressed to the Rector of the University of Wrocław;
- a CV;
- a personal data questionnaire;
- a copy of the MA diploma along with a transcript of records (in case of completing postgraduate studies, a certificate is required);
- a personal overview of the applicant’s research and teaching record, organizational experience and achievements in popularizing scholarship (autoreferat);
- a list of publications;
- an electronic version of the two most important publications (or typescripts of unpublished works), which the candidate considers to be representative of their scientific output;
- information about research plans (in the form of a brief summary of the subject and purpose of future research);
- an indication of at least two scholars available to prepare reviews of the applicant’s research, teaching and organizational record. The scholars must hold a post-doctoral degree (doctor habilitatus) or a state professor degree in the humanities and specialize in the field of the applicant’s expertise. Letters of recommendation are to be sent to the Chairperson of the Faculty Committee for Competitions to the address of its Secretary, Barbara Bernacka (firstname.lastname@example.org). Their contents are only available to the members of the Committee, whereas the candidate, by entering the competition, waives the right to view them;
- a proposal of a 30-hour language course in Polish at the B1 level;
- a declaration stating that if selected, the successful applicant will designate the University of Wrocław as their primary place of employment;
- any other documents which may prove the candidate’s eligibility for the position.
All documents have to be signed by the applicant.
III. Applications are to be submitted to the following address email@example.com by 24 May 2021.
IV. The competition is to be decided by 30 June 2021.
The cover letter must contain the following clause: “I do consent to processing the personal data provided in my application for the purpose of the organization and disseminating information connected with the search procedure and its results. I understand and accept that my personal data will be administered by the University of Wrocław, plac Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław. I acknowledge that providing my personal data is voluntary but necessary for the purpose of this procedure” (in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act of May 10, 2018, Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) .
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELLanguage sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: Excellent
I. A successful candidate has to meet the following conditions:
- hold an MA degree in Polish Studies;
- demonstrate a research record in linguistics;
- demonstrate documented professional experience in higher education – including teaching Polish as a foreign language (minimum 240 hours each year) in multinational and multilingual groups, at all levels of knowledge of the Polish language;
- documented achievements in the field of professional preparation of candidates for teachers of Polish as a foreign language;
- active participation in the work related to the certification exams in Polish as a foreign language;
- demonstrate organizational achievements in academic institutions, such as conference organization;
- have a sufficient command of the Polish language to be able to communicate in the academic environment and to participate in comparative studies;
- the committee will also consider the following additional criteria related to the research profile of the School of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners: research interests in the field of knowledge of various methods of TPFL, including very good knowledge of textbooks for teaching and testing the Polish language and the ability to critically analyze them; the ability to independently compose a language and cultural programme, arrange tasks and prepare various types of tests (attaching one’s own original sample lesson scenarios); the ability to use new assistive technologies in teaching (e.g. multimedia board, educational platforms); participation in grants as a researcher and/or manager (participation in international research or teaching projects);
EURAXESS offer ID: 630972
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.