RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK32.0
As Assistant Professor of Organisational Language and Communication you will join the department of Language and Communication to contribute to its programmes in Communication and Information Studies (BA/MA), Linguistics and Communication Sciences (Research Master’s programme). You will conduct research within the Centre for Language Studies.
We are specifically looking for a colleague with teaching and research expertise in the broad discipline of communication in organisations, who has a special focus on functional literacy, i.e. the accessibility and comprehensibility of language and communication in functional contexts. Preferred expertise includes areas such as e-learning and e-assessment of language and communication; organisational communication and information technology; inclusive language and communication; e-governance and language in public media communication.
You will participate in teaching in the Bachelor's and Master's tracks in Communication in Organisations, International Business Communication, and Communication and Persuasion, on topics such as internal communication; organisational management communication; social media communication in functional contexts; persuasive communication in public context; accessible, comprehensible, inclusive and co-creative target group communication; language and communication policy in organisations.
Your research will be located in Radboud University's Centre for Language Studies, one of the world's leading language and communication research institutes. You will participate in empirical research in CLS's focus areas, particularly in Discourse and Communication. You will pursue grant application opportunities.
In addition, you will participate in the department's administrative tasks.
- Employment: 0.8 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 3 years.
- The intended start date is 15 August 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Please address your application to José Sanders and submit it, using the application button, no later than 10 May 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
The first round of interviews will take place on 19 and 21 May 2021.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
José Sanders, Head of Department Language and Communication Tel.: +31 24 361 28 02
Web site for additional job details
- An MA degree in Linguistics, Communication and Information Studies, Dutch Language and Culture, or a related discipline.
- A PhD degree in Discourse Studies; Linguistics; Language, Communication and Media; or a related discipline.
- High proficiency in the English language (C2-CEFR) and proficiency in Dutch: if Dutch is not your mother tongue, we will expect you to achieve proficiency in Dutch at the C1 level within two years after appointment.
- Demonstrable academic teaching experience at BA and MA levels as well as experience with course development.
- A good publication track record within the domains of discourse studies and/or language, communication and media, with a focus on the accessibility or comprehensibility of language and communication in functional contexts, in international refereed journals of high quality.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630890
Posting organisation offer ID: 299811
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.