ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › Agricultural productsEnvironmental science › Natural resources management
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERPRIMA 4CEMED, FoodE, COOPID e Console
Thanks to its organization into 10 research topics, the STAAA PhD programme provides the Doctoral candidates with an in-depth knowledge and appropriate skills in the different branches of the agri-food sector. The goal is to prepare high profile experts able to carry out research, knowledge-transfer and management activities at the University, and in other public bodies or private companies. The educational path consists in a common programme, aimed at providing the fundamental research enablers to every PhD candidate to acquire an in-depth knowledge related to scientific communication, organization and functioning of the research. PhD candidates are trained with the basic knowledge for the planning and implementation of the individual research project, and the elaboration of the research results. During the 2nd year, the activities are focused on the development of individual research activities, while during the 3rd year PhD candidates are advised to concentrate on the preparation of thesis.
- Research topics
- Agronomy, Herbaceous Crops, Flowers and Vegetables Systems, Agricultural Genetics and Agricultural Chemistry
- International Cooperation and Sustainable Development Policies
- Microbial Ecology and Plant Pathology
- Agricultural and Food Economics and Policy
- Agricultural Entomology
- Agricultural Engineering
- Food Science and Biotechnology
- Animal Science
- Tree Production Systems, Fruit, Forest and Ornamental Trees and Grape
- Water-Food-Energy-Sustainable Agriculture Nexus
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research proposal
- Abstract of the second cycle degree thesis
- Personal Statement
- No more than 2 reference letters
- List of publications (i.e. monographs, articles on scientific journals, volume chapters), minor publications (conference papers, etc.) and abstracts and posters presented during academic conferences
- University Master Courses (Master Universitari di I e II livello), Postgraduate vocational training programmes and/or specialisation programmes relevant to the PhD Programme
- Research activity of any kind
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
More information in the PhD Programme Table
EURAXESS offer ID: 630769
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.