ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Aerospace engineeringEngineering › Control engineeringEngineering › Design engineeringEngineering › Industrial engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringEngineering › Project engineeringEngineering › Simulation engineeringTechnology › Communication technologyTechnology › Materials technologyTechnology › Measurement technologyTechnology › Space technologyTechnology › Telecommunications technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
The PhD programme in Aerospace Science and Technology takes is developed through a detailed programme provided by the Academic board. The research period ends with the preparation of a thesis, under the supervision of one or more supervisors. The PhD programme provides a training programme with academic and professional purposes. It develops the candidate's ability to carry out research and projects in an independent, systematic and in-depth approach through specialist courses and seminars. The candidates must also demonstrate that they can present and defend their work in a clear and effective way, in Italian and English.
- Research topics
This PhD Programme pursues the education of researchers and high-qualified engineers, operating in the typical fields of Aerospace Engineering and able to address issues related to design and research activities in disciplines such as:
- Aerodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Tribological behavior of metallic materials, with and without surface modifications
- Metallurgical features of metallic components produced by innovative process such as additive manufacturing
- Mechanical and aerospace design and structures
- Astronautics, Space Systems, and Exploration
- Microstructure and mechanical properties of advanced metals and metal matrix composites
- Flight mechanics and control
- Experimental stress analysis, characterization and development of constitutive models
- Design methods and tools in industrial engineering
- Mechanical and aerospace technologies and materials
- Mechanical and Thermal Measurements, applied to aerospace systems.
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualifications and research proposal evaluation
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research proposal
- Abstract of the second cycle degree thesis
- Personal Statement
- No more than 2 reference letters
- List of publications (i.e. monographs, articles on scientific journals, volume chapters), minor publications (conference papers, etc.) and abstracts and posters presented during academic conferences
- Research activity of any kind
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
More information in the PhD Programme Table
EURAXESS offer ID: 630767
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.