ORGANISATION/COMPANYWrocław University of Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wroclaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Wroclaw University of Technology is seeking the employee for the position of an assistant professor in the scientific disciplines Information and Telecommunication Technology foreseen for the work in the Chair of Informatics and Systems Engineering. The main responsibilities for a person at this position will concern scientific research, didactic and organizational works for the Chair, for Division as well as for the Faculty.
Employed person’s main tasks:
- Conducting scientific research in the scope of machine learning.
- Conducting classes for Bachelor and Master Levels full-time and part-time students at the programs in Computer Science and Systems Engineering.
- Co-operation with outside entities in the scope of conducted scientific researches.
- Continuous increasing of professional qualifications.
- Preparation of application forms for scientific, research and development grants.
- Accomplishing, according to employer’s orders, all organizational works for the Chair, Division and the Faculty connected with own research and didactic activities.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentPOLISH: Excellent
Candidates ought to meet all following requirements:
- To have the master of science and engineer title in computer science in technical sciences and advanced his/her PhD dissertation.
- To know the foundations of the computer sciences, machine learning and systems engineering,
- To have the experience in scientific research works in the scope decision support systems with application of machine learning methods. This experience should be confirmed by scientific articles in journals in the period of last five years.
- To have the experience in carrying out at least one research project.
- To have the experience in didactic works for Systems Engineering and Computer Science programs.
- To know English at the B2 level or to have PhD exam in English passed.
- To have high-school certificate from Polish.
- A statement of application, addressed to the Rector of the University.
- CV including:
- A list of scientific publications, split into articles in JCR listed journals (with current IF), articles in non-JCR listed journals, book chapters, papers in conference proceedings and remaining publications.
- Information about experience in raising research or teaching funding, participation in projects and collaboration with external partners.
- A list of courses taught, including dates, universities/units and fields of study.
- Information about non-academic experience that may positively impact the quality of teaching.
- Organizational achievements.
- A list of prizes and awards.
- A copy of the Master Degree diploma.
All submitted documents must be signed by the candidate.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630754
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.