ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/05/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › 50-137 Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKtbc
Keywords: geography, physical geography, soil science, Quaternary palaeogeography
Requirements for the candidate:
- title of master's degree in Earth Sciences in the field of physical geography;
- authorship of publications in journals listed by Web of Science, containing achievements in the field of Quaternary palaeogeography, lithostratigraphy and soil science;
- very good computer skills, experience in using ArcGIS, QGIS, CorelDRAW, Strater, R package;
- fluency in writing/speaking in Polish and English;
- active participation in scientific conferences;
- documented, active participation in research projects;
- experience in conducting field studies, in particular loess-soil sequences;
- teaching experience in soil science;
- experience in operating a laser diffractometer and a spectrophotometer preferred;
- preference for having a driving license and driving experience.
Basic duties as an assistant divided into areas: (research, teaching and organizational):
- research area: conducting research on sediments of aeolian environment and fossil soils, the use of laser diffractometry and spectrophotometry in lithostratigraphic studies, establishing international cooperation,
- didactic area: conducting classes (approx. 332 hours - e.g. Soil Science, Climate change recorded in aeolian sediments, Nature Conservation, Field exercises: geomorphology and soil science and hydrology), participation in the organization of the educational process
- organizational area: active participation in projects undertaken by the Department of Physical Geography (e.g. organization of seminars and conferences), care for website and social media with the logo of the Department of Physical Geography.
1. curriculum vitae
2. personal questionnaire of the person applying for employment
3. a photocopy of the diploma confirming obtaining the master's degree
4. the self-report containing the characteristics of the current scientific and didactic experiences and other achievements in the field of organization and popularization of science, the self-report should also include information about mobility
5. list of scientific publications, previous teaching experience and other achievements in the field of organization of scientific life and popularization of science
6.Electronic versions of the two most important publications (or typescripts of unpublished works) which the candidate considers representative of his / her scientific achievements
7. two recommendation letters, with the proviso that these lists are sent by e-mail to the Chairman of the Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) without the candidate's mediation and are open only to members of the Committee, and the candidate waives the right to view these lists by entering the competition.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 630711
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.