ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › OtherEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/04/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2021
We offer a 4-year PhD position in Three-dimensional bioprinting using electroactive polymer materials. The goal of the project is to understand the dynamics, sensing, control, and scalability of 3D-printed IEAPs, with a simplicity that enables application across scales.
The technique will be validated and demonstrated using: 1. 3D-printed active catheter guide to facilitate complex coronary interventional planning. 2. Tissue-mimicking active simulator- EAP-based soft robotic sleeve as a ventricular assist device. The project envisions synergistically integrating 3D printing technology with smart, functional EAPs for creating novel standardized medical procedures.
The selection process is based on online and face-to-face interviews. Early bird applications are encouraged and will have an advantage.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Materials technology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in a related field (Microtechnology, MicroElectronics, Materials Science, (Applied) Physics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar.)
- You have prior experience with microfabrication technologies. Additionally, you have a background in experimental and numerical research.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team. Applicants must present a proof of English language proficiency at a satisfactory level (level B2). More detailed information: https://www.ut.ee/en/english-language-requirements-phd-students. English language test must be taken on 15 May at the latest.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630693
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.