RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Programming
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/05/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGreece › Any city in Greece- remote position
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
At Acellera (www.acellera.com), we are looking for a scientific software developer to join our team.
We are looking for a candidate with thorough knowledge of Computer Science and a keen interest in front end, user interaction and interdisciplinary research, to work in the development of PlayMolecule (www.playmolecule.com), Acellera’s drug discovery platform. We launched the platform in 2017 with the aim to democratize the use of molecular dynamics and machine learning applications in the drug discovery field. Today, PlayMolecule is freely available to researchers worldwide, and has recently reached 2.300 users and more than 70.000 jobs have been executed. In addition, Acellera also markets standalone applications and the entire platform for commercial use.
The main focus of this position will be on developing and further improving the front-end of PlayMolecule, particularly at creating interactive interfaces for chemists and biologists to automate their workflows and visualize their discoveries. The development will be done together with scientists of different backgrounds such as biology, computational chemistry or mathematics, so the position should be particularly appealing for individuals with general scientific knowledge.
Founded in 2006, Acellera was one of the first companies worldwide to leverage the use of novel accelerator processor technology (GPU) for molecular simulations. Among our clients, we count 10 of the top 50 pharmaceutical companies. We were selected as one of the Top30 AI Drug Discovery companies in 2019. Our software includes PlayMolecule, ACEMD, HTMD, KDEEP, etc. and it’s used by hundreds of users both in academia and the private sector.
This is a permanent position that can be located in our office at Barcelona IT hub (Poblenou) where we have a flexible working schedule (combining remote work with days at the office). However, we are open to receiving applications for fully-remote developers (contractors) working from Athens as part of our team is located there.
Acellera values excellence, merits and scientific innovation above anything else.
Note that you need to have a valid EU work permit to apply to this position.
Here is what you will do:
- Grow the capabilities, usability and overall impact of Playmolecule.com for scientists
- Develop PlayMolecule front-end and server-side functionalities
- Design new interactive interfaces for goal-oriented drug discovery applications
- Contribute to software engineering in Acellera, including standard software engineering practice such as version control of apps, documentation, release schedule and continuous integration in testing environments
- Full time, permanent contract or a contractor contract in case of fully remote.
- A competitive salary, aligned to market practices and cost of living in Barcelona.
- Flexible environment with a good balance between professional and personal life.
- Possibility to grow professionally with us
We will have the job opening published for 4 weeks (until 12/05/2021). We will be processing the candidatures as we receive them (so don't wait until the last minutre), and shortly after the application deadline we will let you know if you pass (or not) to the interview round.
The interview round consists in several interviews with the team including HR and technical rounds, where we will assess your coding skills.
Due to COVID restrictions all interviews will take place virtually.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELCommunication sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- A background in Computer Science (at least a BSc in Computer Science or related field is required)
- Very good programming and software engineering skills with Python and a very solid basis of Linux, git and github collaborative development practices.
- Previous experience in the full-stack design of web applications and front-ends
- Knowledge of GOlang, C++, etc is positively evaluated
- Fluent in English
EURAXESS offer ID: 630659
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.