ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
You will join a team of ten engineers and technicians responsible for the design, assembly, characterization, installation and maintenance of magnets and X-ray source (known as undulators) in the ESRF accelerator complex. The team has developed extensive experience in the production and measurement of complex magnetic systems.
Under the technical supervision of the team's engineers, you will :
- Assemble and characterize magnetic and mechanical systems such as undulators and accelerator magnets.
- Analyze measurements using dedicated tools
- Install equipment in the accelerator complex
- Produce and store reports and measurement data
Part of your work could be carried out in shifts, following ESRF regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
- Upper vocational qualification or end of high school certificate in electrical engineering, mechanics or other relevant discipline.
- A few years of professional experience (young candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Experience in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Knowledge of instrumentation would be an asset
- Curiosity and motivation to acquire new knowledge in various fields and to further develop your skills
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate with international scientific and technical staff is essential.
- Ability to communicate in English (working language at ESRF) and French.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630643
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.