ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cyprus
RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciencesMedical sciencesPharmacological sciencesPsychological sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/04/2021 14:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK105 hours per month
The Department of Psychology, University of Cyprus, accepts applications for the filling of one (1) position (part-time) of Special Scientist (Research Assistant). The selected candidate will work for the needs of the research program "Tackling anti-vaccination: Mapping the social transmission of beliefs and attitudes" of the Associate Professor Maria Karekla and the coordinator Dr. Angelos Kassianos.
It is noted that one (1) full-time month at the University of Cyprus is equal to 140 hours. The position is part-time (105 hours / month).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will conduct research within the framework of the needs of the research program. The aim of the program is to investigate the social transmission of perceptions of resistance to vaccinations. The research is carried out in collaboration with centers of excellence in Cyprus and abroad such as Cyprus University of Technology, the Cyprus Medical Association, the ETH Zurich and Yale University, and will offer networking opportunities to the successful applicants as well as the opportunity to get acquainted with pioneering research methods like Social Network Analysis.
Specifically, successful candidate is expected to have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Cooperation with the Project Coordinator, meetings with all Collaborating Bodies and development of a cooperation network
• Development of research protocol which will entail an experimental study on social contagion of vaccination attitudes using social network analysis
• Collaboration with a company on setting up the online experiment using the Breadboard software
• Selecting methods for data collection
• Collaboration with a pediatrician to develop short intervention
• Analysis of quantitative data
• Direct participation in the writing of scientific articles.
• Degree in Psychology or related health field
• Postgraduate studies in areas such as Experimental Psychology, Experimental Research, Cognitive Psychology, Clinical Psychology or Health Psychology
• Research experience commensurate with the tasks and in designing and conducting experiments.
The candidate's high academic performance and his / her appeal for research are considered as basic qualifications.
Applicants should have strong knowledge of research and analytical methods and excellent organizational skills.
• Doctorate in the above fields
• Postgraduate degree or experience in Research Methods
• Experience in research projects on vaccines or experimental methods
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The filling of the position (part-time) will have a duration of eight months (8). The successful candidate will be employed from May 2021 to January 2022. Monthly gross salary is set at € 1631.85. From this amount employee's contributions to the various governmental funds will be deducted the as well as any Income Tax. The contract does not provide 13th salary.
Interested parties are kindly requested to submit the following:
1. Letter of interest for this position
2. Curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (as well as the grades of the degrees).
3. Copies of degrees and certificates
4. Names and details of at least two persons from whom letters of recommendation may be requested.
At minimum, the 3 most suitable candidates per position will be invited for an interview. The selected candidates will be invited to submit certified photocopies of diplomas from the Ministry of Education (in the case of diplomas from Private Schools / Universities in Cyprus) or from the Issuing Authority (in the case of Universities Abroad).
Having in mind the provisions of the General Data Protectio Regulation for EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament, the University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation.
Interested parties are invited to apply electronically at the link https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
by filling in all the corresponding fields and uploading in PDF format all the required documents and certificates no later than April 24, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
For more information, interested parties can contact Dr. Angelos Kassianos, tel: 00357 22-892025 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 630613
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.