ORGANISATION/COMPANYALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studiesLanguage sciences › LanguagesLanguage sciences › LinguisticsLanguage sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/05/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bologna
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
Translation: PhD candidates develop critical-theoretical skills applied in technical, institutional, publishing, and literary translation; analytical skills, in contrastive analysis, using corpora and CAT tools. Audio-visual translation (dubbing, subtitling, audio description, and localization), terminological studies, lexicography, and the history of translation are also part of this area.
Interpretation: PhD candidates acquire skills in conference, dialogic or community, legal, and institutional interpreting; develop critical and analytical skills of oral texts in a contrastive perspective (using corpora and related software).
Intercultural studies: PhD candidates acquire an interdisciplinary methodology in humor studies, women's lit. and feminist criticism, dystopia and science fiction, migration, identity, children's and YA lit. PhD candidates develop theoretical and analytical skills based on an interdisciplinary approach. They learn to critically interpret the present, to intervene on and improve it.
Main research fields:
Curriculum n.1 Translation
- Translation, especially in the technical-scientific, institutional, tourist and editorial fields (especially in the areas indicated in the “Intercultural Studies” item)
- Technologies for translation
- Localisation and multimedia translation
- Terminology and lexicography
- Contrastive analysis of written texts, especially if corpus-based history of translation
Curriculum n.2 Interpreting
- Interpreting, including conference, dialogue/community, court, media and institutional interpreting
- Linguistic and cultural mediation
- Contrastive analysis of oral texts, especially if corpus-based
Curriculum n.3 Intercultural Studies
- Humour studies
- Women’s literature
- Feminist criticism
- Dystopia and science fiction
- Children’s and Young Adult literature
- Intercultural Art Studies
The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month).
Please, check the Call for applications
Qualification and Research project evaluation
More information in the PhD Programme Table
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants, regardless of age and citizenship status, can apply for the admission to the selection procedure if they have awarded at least one of the following degrees:
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree (Master’s Degree or Single Cycle Degree) awarded by an academic institution equivalent to the above mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree by no later than October, 31st 2021.
- Multi-annual research proposal, with special emphasis on the activities to be completed during the first-year course. The proposal must meet the following requirements: it must mention on the first page the Curriculum and the research topic of the PhD Programme associated to the research proposal; it cannot exceed 20.000 characters, including spaces and formulas, if present. This figure does not include: the title, the outline, references and images (such as graphs, diagrams, tables etc. - where present); it must include: state of the art; project’s description; expected results; timeline of the proposed research activities; outline of the proposed findings assessment criteria; references.
- List of publications
- Teaching activity carried out at university level
- Research activity - whether basic, applied, translational, etc. - carried out in any capacity, including when covered by research grants, and as a staff member of research units
- Periods of study abroad, outside the country of origin (e.g. Erasmus programme or other similar mobility programmes)
- Other qualifications attesting the suitability of the applicants (scholarships, prizes, etc)
Please, see the Call for applications. More information in the PhD Programme Table.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630607
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.