ORGANISATION/COMPANYSINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/London
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
- Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 15 May 2021
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- The Research Associate will be expected to be in residence at SMU throughout the term of his or her appointment.
- The Research Associate will be expected to conduct research in CAIDG’s research areas with a well defined research agenda during the term of the appointment. This appointment will be primarily dedicated to the Centre’s major research commitment in the fields of regulation and governance of AI technology and mass data sharing, personal data protection, autonomous vehicles liability and FINTECH/digitized finance. It is expected that the Research Associate will publish research in approved journals during his or her term of the appointment and give at least one Research Seminar at SMU.
- The Research Associate will be expected to be collegial and assist in the administration work of the Centre at SMU which includes the organization of seminars and conferences or other events for SMU and the writing of reports and position papers. Administrative work, e.g. events management and support, will form some part of the Research Associate’s portfolio. The administrative work is non-negotiable. Candidates who do not wish to do administrative work need not apply.
- Postgraduate degree in law or related fields
- The candidate should possess research experience in law and technology, particularly in legal, ethical and policy issues arising from the use of AI, or any other social science discipline with research skills and training in methodology and policy, with a demonstrated record of research output in the form of refereed journal articles or conference papers, or other forms of research dissemination evidencing abilities to analyse andcommunicate. An interest in comparative research in the relevant context is an advantage but not mandatory.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630409
Posting organisation offer ID: 251784
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.