RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/05/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
You are a legal scholar passionate about public international law, with a secondary interest in EU law. Your teaching skills are beyond doubt, and you have obtained substantial experience at both Bachelor's and Master's level. Your main activities in this sphere will consist of lecturing in an advanced course on human rights, delivering introductory tutorials in public international law, supervising moot courts and Bachelor's/Master's theses.
Research-wise, you hold a decent track record of publications and are eager to engage in collaborative projects with colleagues at our Research Centre for State and Law. One segment of the research programme of this centre is devoted to the study of the interaction between national, international and European law. It is therefore appreciated if you hold a particular interest in the impact of international and EU law within the domestic legal order, especially in the sphere of public law.
An especially important task pertains to your involvement in the 'Law in Action' teaching programme. This is a special module geared towards talented second and third year students, aiming to enable them to tackle real-life problems as future legal professionals. It also calls for a creative mind-set among the engaged lecturers, who are to design the overall case as well as the specific puzzles to be included therein. You may equally be involved in the 'Radboud Law Clinic', a Master's course in which groups of students are to work on assignments provided by law firms or NGOs, and deliver a final product that can be applied in practice.
- Employment: 1.0 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience. A preliminary salary grade may be applied to this position (salary scale 11, max. € 5,127)
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year.
- The intended start date is 1 September 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Please address your application to Prof. H.C.F.J.A. de Waele and submit it, using the application button, no later than 15 May 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
- Teaching evaluations.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2 June – on Radboud University's campus if circumstances permit – with a possible 'live' second round on Wednesday 9 June.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. H.C.F.J.A. de Waele, Professor of International and European Law
Tel.: +3124 361 57 07
Web site for additional job details
- PhD in public international law, preferably displaying an interest in EU law as well.
- An excellent command of Dutch and English, both orally and in writing.
- An enthusiastic and inspiring lecturer who enjoys contributing to the personal and professional development of students.
- Substantial teaching experience, coupled with positive student evaluations.
- A decent track record of publications in journals/volumes of good standing.
EURAXESS offer ID: 630167
Posting organisation offer ID: 299761
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.