ORGANISATION/COMPANYAIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciences › Science communicationComputer science › Modelling toolsComputer science › ProgrammingComputer science › Systems designPsychological sciences › Psychology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38,5
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Technology Experience is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- The Center for Technology Experience investigates the latest UX approaches to be applied in different contexts, pioneering methods and experience tools.
- Our research teams examine specific aspects of situationally oriented user experience such as Automation Experience, Contextual Engagement and Behaviour Change, Experience Assessment and Modeling, Intelligent Experience Optimization as well as Diversity Driven Design.
- With our newest scientific approaches and methods, we support private and public companies in designing a unique user experience under special contextual conditions for their products, technologies and services.
- Thanks to your competencies in the human-computer interaction field, especially in the research area of “Experience Measurement”, you will be a great asset for our multidisciplinary team.
- You take up the challenge to understand, measure and improve the experience and acceptance of new technologies and applications (e.g. virtual training, intelligent assistants).
- You combine modern data science methods with methods from perception and user psychology.
- You contribute to the implementation and positioning of research approaches in different application contexts (Digital Training, Active & Assisted Living, Industry 4.0).
- You support your team in the conception of new research projects or in the development of contract projects.
- You position yourself in national and international networks and develop collaborations on scientific publications.
- Thanks to your enthusiasm and expertise in research and contract projects, you will make a major contribution to the to the transfer of research approaches in industrial applications, and also to the further development of our center.
- Embracing curiosity and dedication, you push the boundaries of innovation on a daily basis.
- You actively share your knowledge with colleagues and guide students.
- You transfer scientific approaches into different application domains.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Academic Degree (at least MSc.) in (media) computer science, design, human-computer interaction, applied psychology or a similar field.
- Good knowledge of current technologies (extended reality, intelligent assistants, machine learning, etc.) and data analysis environments (R, Python)
- Good knowledge in qualitative and quantitative analysis of empirical data (content analysis according to Mayring, significance and hypothesis tests, etc.)
- Experience in planning and conducting physical or virtual workshops would be a plus
- Interest in linking social science and technical issues
- Hands-on mentality and affinity for creating sustainable solutions and scientific know-how
- High level of commitment and ability to work in a team
- Very good command of English and German (verbal and written)
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 44.478,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/149318
EURAXESS offer ID: 629884
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.